Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
macrag
Level: Powered On

Error Message "The Data source Supplied to the function is invalid"

Hi

We have noticed that Powerapps on IPAD displays the following error message when the User goes from Offline mode to Online mode. This error message only appears briefly for some time and the rest of the functionality works fine as expected.

Did any one has come across this error message as this is a little annoying and confusing to the user.

I am using the latest version of Powerapps and the Datasource is Sharepoint.

Error Message "The Data source Supplied to the function is invalid"powerapps_sharepoint_error.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error Message "The Data source Supplied to the function is invalid"

Hi @macrag,

What is your session id? Did you build your app using the method here? Is this happening to all the offline apps you built?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-offline-apps-with-new-powerapps-capabilities/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
macrag

Hi

I am getting this error as soon as i open the apps home scrren which has just a logo and a button and no code exists to access the datasource. But it looks like some how it is trying to connect to the Sharepoint datasource from other screens

I can also confirm that I have already checking for the connection status before connecting to sharepoint, so i am puzzled to see why i see this error message.

here is session id

My session id is 9ad63201-5577-f2a2-00f3-b2f9393fbccc

Thanks

Juanesrojas

I have a problem with my connection

I have a data source on common data service, and it works fine working online, but when i start the app being on airplane mode,  and then go to airplane mode off, it is not able to find the datasource connection and i get this erros:

"The Data source Supplied to the function is invalid"

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,753)