cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlister
Level 8

Error creating new screen with new screen template

I have recently wanted to take advantage of the new screen templates but I am receiving an error message on most. Who's policy? Why am I recieving this message?

Error adding screen:
New connections with Id /providers/microsoft.powerapps/apis/shared_office365/connections/668bb8a451f048f084b4dd9df6a5f1aa cannot be added due to policy violation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Error creating new screen with new screen template

I agree that it would be good to know the connectors that are used by the screen templates beforehand, or at least that the error message was clearer about what which connectors are in conflict with the policies - I created a task for the team that owns that to add additional information to the error message so that it's easier for the user to understand the error.

Currently, if you want to know which connectors are used in each screen, you can open a new tab for https://create.powerapps.com, create a new blank app, and then try to add that screen.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff

You app probably has another data source that cannot be used with the ones that are used in the new screen templates. Admins for PowerApps tenants can define "data loss prevention" (DLP) groups of services that cannot be used together in the same app (or flow). If your app has a data source that uses a service that is in one of the groups (e.g., 'No business data allowed'), and the service that is used in the screen (Office 365, Office 365 Users) is in the other group ('Business data only'), then the app will not be able to use the two together.

You can find more about DLP at https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/administrator/introduction-to-data-groups.

jlister
Level 8

Thanks, Carlos. Is there any documenation that shows which connectors are needed with the various screens, so I can add them to the DLP? For example, the calendar screen, which connectors are needed? But really, I would like to know about all of them. @Audrie-MSFT 

Thanks,

John

PowerApps Staff

Most of them use either the Office 365 and/or the Office 365 Users connectors; to find out which one each of the screens use, you can create a new (blank) app (which doesn't have any data sources at first), then add one of these screens. The data sources pane will list the ones that are used by that screen template.

For example, the screen capture below shows the connector used by the 'People' screen.

DataSourceForConnectedScreens.gif

jlister
Level 8

@CarlosFigueira I get what you are saying. The catch is I receive the error before the screen is added so I am unable to view the datasources in advance without removing the DLP. This is where it would help to know in advance which connectors are required. FYI - I have office 365 users added to business data but still get the error. I didn't find a connector for just office365. Thanks for your help.
ezgif.com-crop.gif

PowerApps Staff

I agree that it would be good to know the connectors that are used by the screen templates beforehand, or at least that the error message was clearer about what which connectors are in conflict with the policies - I created a task for the team that owns that to add additional information to the error message so that it's easier for the user to understand the error.

Currently, if you want to know which connectors are used in each screen, you can open a new tab for https://create.powerapps.com, create a new blank app, and then try to add that screen.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,312)