cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error on Blank Fields and ComboBox

Guys, please, urgent help!

I have a form, the submit function is the Submit.

I have 4 DateFields that my users fill.

Creating the form they fill a date, and on EditForm, they may erase the date they filled before, but here it is the issue, the field does not go to blank when erased and form is submitted,  it is like the field is not erased.

I can erase it many times but the field remains with the date.

So, I searched here on forums and found a "solution", in a experimental Tool, that one with handling formulas error, I turned it on and this problem was solved, I erased and the field stayed blank as expected, BUT, It spoiled another thing in my form, I have a combobox that items property are Distinct of a table list in excel DS.

When the user create the form and select an value on combobox and submit, the value is ok on the editform, but when I save it again (submit again) on the editform, the combobox goes empty, the value of combobox disappear.

This is very strange, I will check for the combobox property for now on, but I am posting here to see if anyone had this issue before that could help me fix.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error on Blank Fields and ComboBox

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your data source of this Form? Please notice that if you want to use data from excel DS to update the data of another data source, most of the time we will use Patch function. This depends on what is your connection. For example, if it's a SharePoint list, then you cannot simply use the data from excel to multiple choice enabled column. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Humm, I think I got it.

The DS of the form is a Sharepoint list, and the Items Property of the CBox is from an excel Spreadsheet.

So in this case, I must use only patch, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-monli-msft I need to upload attatchment sometimes.

I searched that with patch can't upload attatchments to a SP List.

So I have a big limitation here, cant use patch and cant use the functionally to remove blanks because one thing mess up with another thing.

Please Microsoft...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,142)