cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andriiko
Level: Powered On

Error on filtering Business Central's data in PowerApps

I've added a "Business Central (on-premises)" (uses API) connection to powerapps and I'm trying to represent something like a sales invoice card in small. I'm using the standard datasets salesInvoice, salesInvoiceLines, in accordance with the pages 5475 Sales Invoice Entity, 5476 Sales Invoice Line Entity.

When I try to filter lines per document the server response with error is shown (see screenshot below):

Error: Logical operator 'Equal' is not allowed. To allow it, set the 'AllowedLogicalOperators' property on EnableQueryAttribute or QueryValidationSettings.

If I use connector "Dynamics NAV" (uses the web services) I don't have such problem.

May be some CustomSettings's or objects's properties... no property from the error was found in CustomSettings file.

What can be the cause of this error? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
misterpower

Re: Error on filtering Business Central's data in PowerApps

Hi @andriiko and @Thomas2001,

I ran into this issue when creating a PowerApp that uses the Business Central connector. The BC and BC on-prem connector currently don't support delegation (https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/connectors/dynamicssmbonprem/). Delegation is the concept of processing data on the data source to reduce the workload for your local system. Since the BC-connector does not support this, this means you cannot use filter functions on the live data feed.

Instead, you have to create a collection in the OnStart event of your PowerApp, load your data in the Collection and then filter the collection. More info on collections can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-clear-collect-clearc...

Best of luck and let me know if it works out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Thomas2001
Level: Power Up

I get the same error message when using the Business Central Cloud. Is there a solution now?

misterpower

Hi @andriiko and @Thomas2001,

I ran into this issue when creating a PowerApp that uses the Business Central connector. The BC and BC on-prem connector currently don't support delegation (https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/connectors/dynamicssmbonprem/). Delegation is the concept of processing data on the data source to reduce the workload for your local system. Since the BC-connector does not support this, this means you cannot use filter functions on the live data feed.

Instead, you have to create a collection in the OnStart event of your PowerApp, load your data in the Collection and then filter the collection. More info on collections can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-clear-collect-clearc...

Best of luck and let me know if it works out!

View solution in original post

tpurkl
Level: Power Up

Hi @misterpower 

Thank you for your solution.

But when I use a dataset and update a record, how can I transfer it back to business central, where the data should be updated?

Kind Regards

Tobias

Highlighted
misterpower

Hi @tpurkl, your question differs from the OP's original question. Please make a new topic and state your question/case over there as detailed as possible :-). Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,533)