cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjweij
Level: Power Up

Error on opening app in Edit mode: Unable to process binding "style... | Contract failure: Unspecified

Today on trying to open any of my PowerApps using the Experimental feature: "Formula-level error management" in Edit mode give me the following error on startup and then nothing is loaded on the screen.

"An error occured while opening the file"

PowerAppError.png

Reverting back to a previous version or exporting & Importing the PowerApp does not solve the problem.

Apps without the experimental feature turned off are working just fine. Luckily I can still 'Play' the affected PowerApps..

Any ideas? Please help...

Update
With the use of : 

Contracts.checkNumberOrNull = function(){}

I can turn the Experimental feature off, save and publish the app. This breaks the Play mode and does not resolve the issue..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pjweij

Re: Error on opening app in Edit mode: Unable to process binding "style... | Contract failure: Unspecified

Hi Mona,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunatly I am unable to tell you. My predecessor who has left the company initially created these apps ans apparantly turned the features on.

Through the weekend I have tried and finally found the cause of the error. The error had nothing to do with a feature and everything with an formule beeing used to determine a Font size. We are using an Config Screen where the default font size is written in a label. Every other label is then pointed to this config label.
Apparantly, some labels had a formula like:
lblFontSize.Size-5
And this broke the entire app, as in the Fontsize UI dropdown, you would see the value  '17-5'  instead of the actual outcome.
Capture.PNG
In my opinion this should not result in beeing unable to Edit the app, but at least we found a solution. We are also unable to reproduce the issue in new apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pjweij

Re: Error after the use of 'IsBlankOrError : Unable to process binding "style...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-no-longer-edit-one-of-my-PowerApps/td-p/2...
Tried this.. it makes it possible to Edit the app and turn the Experimental feature off.

However after then saving, publishing and opening the app in Edit Mode the normal way.. the error returns

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error on opening app in Edit mode: Unable to process binding "style... | Contract failure: Unspecified

Hi @Pjweij ,

By default, when you create an app, the  "Formula-level error management" should be off. I just tested by turing it on and save it, then I am able to reopen it in edit mode successfully. Having all Experimental features sections switches turned off is the baseline and safest way to run your app and this should not break the Play mode.

May I know the reason why you need this turn this feature on for this app?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Pjweij

Hi Mona,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunatly I am unable to tell you. My predecessor who has left the company initially created these apps ans apparantly turned the features on.

Through the weekend I have tried and finally found the cause of the error. The error had nothing to do with a feature and everything with an formule beeing used to determine a Font size. We are using an Config Screen where the default font size is written in a label. Every other label is then pointed to this config label.
Apparantly, some labels had a formula like:
lblFontSize.Size-5
And this broke the entire app, as in the Fontsize UI dropdown, you would see the value  '17-5'  instead of the actual outcome.
Capture.PNG
In my opinion this should not result in beeing unable to Edit the app, but at least we found a solution. We are also unable to reproduce the issue in new apps

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,914)