cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nbrites
Level: Powered On

Error opening web created app in desktop studio

Hi, I started building an app on the web studio and now I cannot open it with the desktop Studio. It shows an error "The document you tried to open was made with a newer version of PowerApps (1.182). Please update PowerApps to open this document". I have desktop Studio v. 2.0.5.10 . I even deleted the desktop Studio and download it again from the store with no result. I'm running Win10 1607 14393.321.

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot

PS: The reason was I came across a missing feature (or at least I think so) - the ability to assign a Flow to a button. With a websearch I found this was a desktop-only feature. Is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff AndyPennell
PowerApps Staff

Re: Error opening web created app in desktop studio

To read that a document version of 1.182 you will need a Studio version of 2.0.531, which is not QUITE in the Store yet. My understanding is that this version should be available in days. Sorry for the inconvenience, this versioning problem is not supposed to happen.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff AndyPennell
PowerApps Staff

To read that a document version of 1.182 you will need a Studio version of 2.0.531, which is not QUITE in the Store yet. My understanding is that this version should be available in days. Sorry for the inconvenience, this versioning problem is not supposed to happen.

View solution in original post

nbrites

Ok. I'll wait for it.

I think I saw, from yesterday to today, a couple of changes in the web studio (in the datasource options), so I was wandering if a new release had been lauched. Since we don't have version visibility I couldn't be sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have to wait long?

I may have the same issue but now with Version 1.189 error.

nbrites

No, about 2/3 days. I stopped working online just in case (and because you cannot assign Flows online). Given your problem I'm glad I did that.

Let's hope it's a "preview era" issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing has just happened to be this morning, now complaining I need 1.192.  Designer thus rendered useless again for a few days!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,292)