cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SportCub
Level: Powered On

Error "This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser" - PowerApps version 3.18122.23

I started getting this infamous message after I made a minor update to my app. Having read other posts, I've already tried to clear my cache, allow all cookies, restart my browser and my machine. The error message also appears when the app is accessed in mobile browsers.

No functionality modifications were made, so it lead me to believe the problem came with the newer PowerApps version 3.18122.23 . Indeed, when trying to restore to an older app version with a different version of PowerApps (in my case, 3.18111.15) , the app starts working again. 

I've also tried activating/deactivating various advanced configurations inside the web studio, with no luck.

My session ID is : 320cdd3e-04a9-4ea2-82fd-f400b16ee551

My app ID is : 6f6b67c5-4643-490c-97d0-96bfd83eb92d

Having to rebuild the app would mean a lot of time and effort was thrown away, I really hope there's an option where this is not needed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SportCub

Re: Error "This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser" - PowerApps version 3.18

After investigating, @Xiaoxia found out it was a bug, caused by some Excel tables with column names containing double quotes (" "). The issue will be corrected in their next updates, but until then, removing the double quotes made my app start working again. 

Thank you so much for the help gents.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Re: Error "This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser" - PowerApps version 3.18

We experienced a short outage in our service yesterday.  Could you please let us know if you still experience this issue today?   Thank you.

SportCub

Hi Chris, thanks for replying. Tried again just now, with no success. I still get the same error message. I also tried saving and republishing the app, but that didn't help.  

My new session ID is : 2f18f107-8564-4a7c-8547-6c6fa4a791bd

SportCub

The problem still persists. I really need this app to start working again, do you have any solutions ?

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

There seems to be an issue with your published app.  Looping in @Xiaoxia to help you.

PowerApps Staff Xiaoxia
PowerApps Staff

Hi @SportCub, We are actively looking into the issue you are facing. Could you give us permission to enter your app for investigation? You can reply to xiaoxhua@microsoft.com

SportCub

Hi @Xiaoxia, I've just emailed you, thanks for helping.

SportCub

After investigating, @Xiaoxia found out it was a bug, caused by some Excel tables with column names containing double quotes (" "). The issue will be corrected in their next updates, but until then, removing the double quotes made my app start working again. 

Thank you so much for the help gents.

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Excellent!  I'm glad you are unblocked.

Highlighted
silkwire

If anyone needs to open a ticket for an issue such as this, go to:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,335)