cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ludwig
Level: Powered On

Error table filter - The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An error has occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hi, 

I created a gallery that shows various journals. Based on the item that has been selected in the existing journals gallery, I want to show the journal lines. For that reason I included a table in my app that points to a different data source (journal lines). 

pict1.png

I established the filter as follows:

Filter(InventoryMovementJournalEntries, Journal=Gallery2.Selected.Journal && Company=Gallery2.Selected.Company && Name=Gallery2.Selected.Name)

I noticed the red 'X' sign. However, when I test the app everything looks ok.

However, after publishing the app and playing it, I receive the following error:

pict2.png

What is strange is the fact that after closing the error message bar and selecting the journal, everything works

pict3.png

What did I miss here?

Would be great if somebody could help. 

Many thanks and best regards, 

Ludwig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error table filter - The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An error has occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hi @lreinhard7 ,

How many records stored within your data source? More than 500 records?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to the Delegation warning issue. Currently, the Filter(..., IsBlank(CustomerId)) formula could not be delegated to SP list. In other words, in default, you could only process 500 records locally at most.

More details about the Delegation in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Delegation

If the amount of reocrds stored in your data source is not more than 2000, you could consider change the "Data row limit for non-delegable queries" to the maximum value -2000. Then try your first Filter formula again, check if the issue is solved.

More details about changing the Delegation limit, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview#changing-the-limit

If the amount of the records stored in your data source is more than 2000, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Modify your first Filter formula as below (set the Items property of the Gallery to following😞

If(
!IsBlank(Gallery2.Selected.Journal),
Filter(InventoryMovementJournalEntries, Journal = Gallery2.Selected.Journal)
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

Re: Error table filter - The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An error has occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

@ludwig 

When you click or hover on the X in design mode - what error are you seeing there?

Is the error on the DataTable or on some other control?

How does your field definition (Edit Fields) look on the DataTable?  Any issues there?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
lreinhard7
Level 8

Hi, 

the appchecker shows a runtime error. 

(Note: the gallery2 shows data from the InventoryMovementJournalTable entity, which is different from the entity that filters the records in the table)

3.png

the fields are just standard fields from the selected entity/table

2.png

HOpe you can help. 

Many thanks in advance, 

Ludwig

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ludwig ,

Does each journal record within your Gallery has a specific Journal value, Company value and Name value?

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. The user @PowerUsers has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Server-Response-An-error-has-occurred-Object-...

Please consider take a try to modify your formula as below:

Filter(
InventoryMovementJournalEntries,
If(!IsBlank(Gallery2.Selected.Journal), Journal = Gallery2.Selected.Journal, true),
If(!IsBlank(Gallery2.Selected.Company), Company = Gallery2.Selected.Company, true),
If(!IsBlank(Gallery2.Selected.Name), Name = Gallery2.Selected.Name, true)
)

Note: Add a If function within your formula, to check if the value from the selected item in your Gallery is blank.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new connection to your data source from your app, then turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-load your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@ludwig 

Try the suggested change to the Filter formula and see if there is in fact some issue with the selected gallery item and its values.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
lreinhard7
Level 8

Hi,

Thank you very much.

This fixed my problem 🙂

Many thanks and best regards,

Ludwig

lreinhard7
Level 8

Hi,

I need to follow up on this because I noticed an issue.

If I used the filter as follows, I cannot see all records.

1.png

On the other hand, if I modifiy to the filter that I used before, I can see all lines including line 2 that was not visible before.

2.png

Is there something I can do about this?

Would be great if somebody could help.

Many thanks,

Ludwig

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lreinhard7 ,

How many records stored within your data source? More than 500 records?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to the Delegation warning issue. Currently, the Filter(..., IsBlank(CustomerId)) formula could not be delegated to SP list. In other words, in default, you could only process 500 records locally at most.

More details about the Delegation in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Delegation

If the amount of reocrds stored in your data source is not more than 2000, you could consider change the "Data row limit for non-delegable queries" to the maximum value -2000. Then try your first Filter formula again, check if the issue is solved.

More details about changing the Delegation limit, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview#changing-the-limit

If the amount of the records stored in your data source is more than 2000, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Modify your first Filter formula as below (set the Items property of the Gallery to following😞

If(
!IsBlank(Gallery2.Selected.Journal),
Filter(InventoryMovementJournalEntries, Journal = Gallery2.Selected.Journal)
)

Best regards,

View solution in original post

lreinhard7
Level 8

Hey,

That works much better 🙂

Many thanks!!!

Ludwig

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lreinhard7 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accpet as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 302 members 4,731 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: