cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ORYXIT
Level: Power Up

Error when app starting...

hello,

i get this error when users openning the app.

on the web editor's player the app working fine.

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 53. inner exception: An identifier was expected at position 53. clientRequestId: 017ac57d-95a5-4dd6-8df4-96182e6486ae

10 REPLIES 10
Microsoft Employee

Re: Error when app starting...

Hi @ORYXIT,

When you say that your app is working fine in the "web editor's player", are you talking about the preview functionality within the web authoring experience? This is available within the editor by hitting F5, or clicking on the play button in the top right corner. Your browser will also be displaying a url that starts with "create.powerapps.com".

If not, your browser should be displaying a url that starts with "web.powerapps.com".

Could you please let us know which it is?

Thanks,

Max

ccancino
Level: Powered On

Was experiencing same error but figured out that turning off Explicit Column Selection under app settings fixed it for me.

Microsoft Employee

Hi @ORYXIT,

Are you able to check if the Explicit Column Selection feature is enabled for your app? If it is, can you check if disabling it fixes this issue for you? You can find it under App Settings > Experimental features.

Thanks,

Michael

PowerApps Staff Reza
PowerApps Staff

Hi @ORYXIT

Do you happen to have a column that its name is not usual. maybe a GUID?

To give more context to everyone. The "Explicit Column" selection feature is a feature that helps us increase performance of the app. Assume that you have a table that has 20 columns. These columns can be anything. e.g. they can be an XML document. Now in this example, you might just use three of these columns in your app. "Explicit column" feature makes sure that we only fetch those three columns and potentially save you lots of memory and bandwidth. However, this feature is built on OData spec. (Odata Spec). OData doesn't let us to have column names that start with number, so if you have one of those columns your call will fail, and your only way is to turn off the feature for your app.

We continue to work on finding ways to get around this limitation.

Thanks

Reza

DanielaH
Level 8

Hi All,

I faced the same issue, and the solution provided by ccancino  - to turn off the 'Explicit column' selection in App settings has resolved this for me.

This also fixed another issue i was having, whereby the dropdown only listed the default value... once the 'Explicit column' selection was turned off it now lists all values.

i guess the tricky part is because it seems to be turned on by default, however if you actually need all items in a list then this may cause issues until you realize to turn this setting off.

Small_Blue_Dot
Level: Power Up

You absolute star; this fixed my problem perfectly. Thank you.

Highlighted
tristanrobinson

Thanks, has done the job for me too. 

amandalee

Thanks, I had the same issue and your advice also fixed my issue.

n8greene

ccancinoThank you for saving my life today. This error came up yesterday as I was doing a DEMO with the client and it completely derailed me. (because some important fetures did not work). After rescheduling, I realized that I COULD have done the demo in preview mode, but didn't realize that the time that the error was only occuring in "live" mode. 

At any rate, your suggestion worked! I pasted below the error I was getting. I have no column with a name of "Located".
Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 332 members 6,423 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: