cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barry_Francis
Level: Powered On

Re: Evaluate to see if two date fields are in range of any existing records in the common data service

Hi Kris Dai,

Just to confirm, there are four end dates in the last two OR statements, is that correct? Or should there be a start date somewhere inbetween?

EndDates.jpg

If the above is correct, its still allowing for time periods to cross over those time periods:

Third Attempt.jpg

As you can see from the above, I should not be able to enable the button when the start and end dates cross over existing record data within that time period.

Regards,

Barry Francis

Barry_Francis

Re: Evaluate to see if two date fields are in range of any existing records in the common data service

Hi there,

I am trying a few things to resolve this, one of the solutions I'm looking at is to create a collection of dates inbetween the two selected dates, then use a lookup to see if there is a match across the one gallery to the other.

Here is the collection I am setting on change of the two date pickers:

ClearCollect(
DateRange,
AddColumns(
FirstN(
[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32],
DateDiff(StartDate.SelectedDate, EndDate.SelectedDate, Days) + 1),
"Day",
"Day " & (Value + 1),
"Date",
DateAdd(StartDate.SelectedDate, Value, Days)
)
)

Then I am setting the values into a gallery:

Alternate Solution.jpg

Then I am setting a label to try and work in a lookup to see if any of records on the individual date gallery matches one of the dates in the other gallery, but am struggling to get that IF formula correct:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp(SingleDateGallery.AllItems, Value(Text(Date, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) = Value(Text(DateFromGallery, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")))),"Date Found","No Dates Found")

SingleDateGallery --> gallery with each date listed out

Date --> The date each collect is returning

DateFromGallery --> The date labels in the gallery with the from and to dates.

Regards,

Barry Francis

Highlighted
Barry_Francis

Hi Kris Dai,

I played around with the code you sent me and found the solution:

If(
!IsBlank(LookUp('Leave Requests', Value(Text(crbb9_datefrom, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) <= Value(Text(StartDate.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) && Value(Text(crbb9_dateto, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) >=
Value(Text(StartDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")))) ||
!IsBlank(LookUp('Leave Requests', Value(Text(crbb9_datefrom, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) <= Value(Text(EndDate.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) && Value(Text(crbb9_dateto, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) >=
Value(Text(EndDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")))) ||
!IsBlank(LookUp('Leave Requests', Value(Text(crbb9_datefrom, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) > Value(Text(StartDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) && Value(Text(crbb9_dateto, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) <
Value(Text(EndDate.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")))),
DisplayMode.Disabled,DisplayMode.Edit)

The start date must be less than the from date and the end date must be greater than the to date.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Regards,

Barry Francis

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,058)