cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caroline
Level: Powered On

Excel Add-in connection error

I am developing a PowerApp, run off the CDS, and have decided to manually move it to the CDS for Apps before it goes live, as it has much more functionality.

The excel add-in works fine if I use it to connect to an entity on the old CDS, but I get the following error message when I try to connect to an entity that's in an environment hosted by the new CDS for Apps:

Error Loading Metadata

Details:

Please check server connection, verify the current user has proper access, and try again. Error message:"

I can use the add-in in Excel Online, but not excel. Is there a way of forcing Excel to re-set my connection, as I think it still trys to log in to the CDS, not CDS for Apps.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Flow Staff Audrie-MSFT
Flow Staff

Re: Excel Add-in connection error

@Caroline Sorry for the delay in response, but you may be running into an issue with the data integration that needs troubleshooting. Would you please open a support ticket at this link for follow-up with our support team?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket 

Thank you, and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

Audrie

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Caroline,

Check to ensure your signing into the Add-in as the same user you signed into CDS with. In addition if you do see the error again could you possible take a screen shot of the settings page (the settings wheel next to your name in the Add-in toobar). 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Caroline - can you confirm how you're opening the add in and entity? Did you open it from the portal by selecting an entity and clicking "Open in Excel"?

Can you also upload a screenshot?

Thanks,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.
Caroline

Hi @CWesener and @v-monli-msft

Clay, yes, I select the entity from within the portal and click 'open in excel'. Once in excel, the add-in requests that I sign in, which I do using the same sign in credentials as I use for the PowerApps portal.

error msg.jpg

settings.jpg

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

adding @CWesener in for follow up @TopShelf-MSFT

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Caroline - can you please try clicking the arrow in the right hand corner of the add in, selecting sign out - and then launching the excel file again from the portal, and then signing back in.

Please let me know how you go.

Thanks,
Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.
Caroline

Hi @CWesener Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that a few times, but it still isn't working.

Administrator
Administrator

hi @CWesener - are there any other suggestions that @Caroline can try to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

@TopShelf-MSFT

Flow Staff Audrie-MSFT
Flow Staff

@Caroline Sorry for the delay in response, but you may be running into an issue with the data integration that needs troubleshooting. Would you please open a support ticket at this link for follow-up with our support team?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket 

Thank you, and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

Audrie

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 6,399 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: