cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Xing101
Level: Powered On

Excel Data Source File Imported (How to Export?)

I imported an Excel Spreadshee as a Data Source.  However, today I'm trying to figure out either where it was stored or how to export? I can't seem to find anything specifically in regards to the Excel Connector that imports the file vs OneDrive or any of the other options. 

Thanks In Advance

Xing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel Data Source File Imported (How to Export?)

Hi @Xing101 ,

Do you mean that you choose "import from excel" when choosing connector in data source?10173.PNG

If so, the excel file can not be exported.

If you connect with Excel in this way, it means that import data to PowerApps. So the data will be saved in PowerApps cache.

It is static data(read-only).

While connecting with One drive is different.

It means that PowerApps connect with a cloud service.

In this way, PowerApps will not save the Excel data, it only save the identification of the cloud service.

To sum up, using these two ways to connect with Excel both can not export Excel file.

PowerApps do not have the function of generating Excel file.

What's more, if you want to export all the data inside your app, you could consider "export/import" button.

However, in this way, it will not export an Excel file. It will export a zip file, which contains a xml doc and two json files.

Here's a issue about this function for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Import-Export-Controls/td-p/16357

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Level 8

@Xing101 

Yeah, its not easy to do this in PowerApps but Todd Baginski made a video on this topic and you could follow his method.  Its only 7 min long: well worth the watch.

Where is the Excel Workbook my PowerApps app uses as a data source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--IOzXHCuWk

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Xing101 ,

Do you mean that you choose "import from excel" when choosing connector in data source?10173.PNG

If so, the excel file can not be exported.

If you connect with Excel in this way, it means that import data to PowerApps. So the data will be saved in PowerApps cache.

It is static data(read-only).

While connecting with One drive is different.

It means that PowerApps connect with a cloud service.

In this way, PowerApps will not save the Excel data, it only save the identification of the cloud service.

To sum up, using these two ways to connect with Excel both can not export Excel file.

PowerApps do not have the function of generating Excel file.

What's more, if you want to export all the data inside your app, you could consider "export/import" button.

However, in this way, it will not export an Excel file. It will export a zip file, which contains a xml doc and two json files.

Here's a issue about this function for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Import-Export-Controls/td-p/16357

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Xing101
Level: Powered On

Awesome, thanks for the validation. I had been looking everywhere assuming if you can import it surely can be exported. 

Thanks

- Xing

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 304 members 5,713 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: