cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoonYar_Aeris
Level: Powered On

Re: Excel in Onedrive, can't write file to souce

Hi Brian

You can submit a ticket in admin panel. That's what I have done and they will send to product team. My case wasn't because someone was opening the file. They have fixed for my case.
Thanks
BY
BoonYar_Aeris

Hi

I suspect when the excel file is sync on desktop via ondrive sync there could be a conflict and lagging in time that leads to the resource locked. I can't put a finger to it but I realised when I test a few occasions without sync it was ok.

Thanks
BY
QuangHa

I got the same issue, my powerapps cannot update the table in the excel file even though I already closed the file.

I did some tests and found the issue, very much likely it is because of Onedrive Sync. below are details:

the excel file is in onedrive and my onedrive is synced with my desktop. when I open the file with excel online and close it, my powerapps cannot update a table in that file with the error: the resource is locked... I wait for about an hour and try again and it works.

I copy the file to onedrive folder of another account, which do not have desktop sync, then I connect my powerapps to the new file and it works like a champ. it will not work when I open the file by excel online but as long as I have closed it, powerapps will work. 

so not sync the file you use with powerapps with desktop will avoid the issue.

AlexDades

Hi,

I went on the same road as everyone here and closed the Sync to Desktop option and it still did the same thing. The weird thing is that if you leave it for a couple of minutes it works fine. I kept digging through on line threads and found that it might have something to do with the fact that after you succesfully write in Excel in Onedrive once, the connection keeps hanging for a while and it locks any other attempts to write in that document. After some time, the connection drops and you are able to write succesfully again.
Have not found a sollution for this yet. Any other ideas?

Neha07
Level: Power Up

I got the same issue. But, when I closed the excel file. The app was able to pull the data from the excel and dislplay it on the app.

AlexDades

Hi again,

Just found out that it only happens when you try to view the document that has been written into. If you run the flow over and over again without opening the excel file it works fine.
Jiajia

I have the same problem

Highlighted
jrohrer

I was receiving this error when i had my excel data source open on my computer. Easy fix, close out of excel file and the error is resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,032)