cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
littletinner
Level: Powered On

'Execute Stored Procedure' Flow requires 4 arguments in 1 App and 5 in another.

I have an 'Execute Stored Procedure' Flow that requires 4 arguements.  It works fine one app, as far as requiring only 4 arguements.  But in another, it requires 5...and thus errors out when I don't provide it a 5th.

I have tried to remove/reapply the flow at both a 'View > Data Sources' level and a button level, without success in the 2nd App.

I tried to create a new flow to see if the Stored Procedure was somehow changed, but it still only requires 4 arguements when I get to that step in the process.

Currently, I am 'cheating' it in the 2nd App by adding a 5th (blank - "") argument (i.e. SMAppWorkorder_Update.Run(ThisItem.Barcode,"Status2","SMflow","Complete","") and it seems to be working.  But, I don't like that as a longterm solution.  Anyone encounter this inconsistency between multiple apps?  Is this a momentary bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: 'Execute Stored Procedure' Flow requires 4 arguments in 1 App and 5 in another.

Is the following possible?

You created the Flow with 4 arguments (Ask in PowerApps) and added it to your 1st PowerApp. All works as you expect.

Later you modified the Flow so there is a 5th argument (note, when you hit 'Ask in PowerApps' that argument is added to the trigger - even if you later remove that argument, or even the whole step containing the argument, you can never get it out of the trigger).

You then created PowerApp 2. When you 'imported' the Flow, it specified 5 arguments, so that is what you are asked to complete a 5th argument.

Note that adding a new argument to the Flow will not affect PowerApp 1. When the Flow was added it had 4 arguments and that is all the PowerApps will 'see' unless you remove and re-add the Flow. It is only when you add a Flow that the arguments are brought in.

To fix the Flow (so it only has 4 arguments) you'll probably need to recreate it and then replace the existing Flow in both of your PowerApps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: 'Execute Stored Procedure' Flow requires 4 arguments in 1 App and 5 in another.

Is the following possible?

You created the Flow with 4 arguments (Ask in PowerApps) and added it to your 1st PowerApp. All works as you expect.

Later you modified the Flow so there is a 5th argument (note, when you hit 'Ask in PowerApps' that argument is added to the trigger - even if you later remove that argument, or even the whole step containing the argument, you can never get it out of the trigger).

You then created PowerApp 2. When you 'imported' the Flow, it specified 5 arguments, so that is what you are asked to complete a 5th argument.

Note that adding a new argument to the Flow will not affect PowerApp 1. When the Flow was added it had 4 arguments and that is all the PowerApps will 'see' unless you remove and re-add the Flow. It is only when you add a Flow that the arguments are brought in.

To fix the Flow (so it only has 4 arguments) you'll probably need to recreate it and then replace the existing Flow in both of your PowerApps.

View solution in original post

littletinner
Level: Powered On

I hadn't modified it, but i did have to recreate it to fix it.  I just 'saved as.'  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,830)