cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaciekG
Level: Powered On

Extending edit screen

Hello,

I'm having a problem to create a PowerApp to use on mobile. I've got my EditForm with fields from SharePoint list. Below that fields I need to have a button. The problem is that it doesn't fit on the screen any more and I don't how could I add a scrollbar to be able to see it. 

error

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisR
Level 8

Re: Extending edit screen

I don't think you can add a scroll bar directly to the screen. However, you could try this as a work around:

Unlock last DataCard on the form.

Expand the Height of the datacard to force the form below the screen and present a scroll bar.

Add buttons/controls to the DataCard. Make sure the card is selected when adding the control.

Not sure if I would implement the above idea, it's kinda ugly and might cause some problems, but if you have to scroll and there is no other way then you could try it out.

Chris

Highlighted
CMee

By the sounds of it what you need is a "Fluid Grid" control. Unfortunately, there is no way to add these in a straight-forward way to existing screens - but there is a work around.

• Select New Screen > Scrollable Screen from the Home or Insert menus.
  • As you would think, this adds a new screen. In this screen will be a control called Canvas1 (or similar). This is the "Fluid Grid" control you want. Copy this control. (I find using Ctrl + C can be a bit unreliable so I right-click and copy from the left-hand navigation panel shown below)

image.png

• Go back to your original screen and paste the control there. (Again, I right-click paste in the navigation panel). The canvas and it's first blank datacard will now be on your existing screen.
  • Adjust the X, Y, Height and Width properties of your new canvas so it covers the screen less your header bar (if required)
  • Now select everything that you want to have scrollable on the page (your edit form, submit button etc. but not your header bar, dilaogs and the like) and cut it from the screen.
  • Select the blank datacard under the canvas and paste your items. 
  • You should now have a screen that is scrollable just like below. You may need to readjust the positioning of items if they are static.

image.pngBeforeimage.pngAfter

It's not the most straightforward method but it has reliably worked for me before.

Of course, the best way to get a scrollable screen is to build it that way initially using the New Screen > Scrollable Screen option. This might not always be an option however such as if you are using the tool to automatically generate an app from a datasource.

MaciekG

Thanks you both guys! I've used the first solution, because it seemed easier and faster and I've managed to achieve my goal so it fitted me 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 405 members 5,657 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: