Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LEARN_IT
Level: Powered On

FILE TO SHAREPOINT

hello,

I'm try to upload an image from powerapps to Sharepoint doc lib using flow. I was able to upload the file/image but image can't be preview once loaded to the sharepoint doc library.  see images: Please help. 

CantPriview.JPG

PowerApps Action: UploadafiletoSharePointfromPowerApps.Run("ID",AddMediaButton2.Media)

Flow: see image

CantPriview3.JPG

I can't find a solution. Help.

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: FILE TO SHAREPOINT

Hi @LEARN_IT,

May I know why did you add the Compose in flow? I think below flow should be enough if you just want to upload files to SharePoint library from PowerApps.

Capture.PNG

I do not have your issue using this flow in the app.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ajs1

thank you. 

can you show the formula of how you use it? dont you have to provide YourFlow(Filename, Filecontent) in the app?

LEARN_IT

Can you view the image in SharePoint? I don't think so, I'm using everything to get the job done. still. Let me know.

aifong

Hey ajs1, just wondering if you found the answer yet?

ajs1

unfortunatelly I`m still waiing for Microsoft to add these type of features: uploading to Azure blob, sharepoint, etc.... Seems like there is a HUGE DEMAND for it.

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi @ajs1

I have managed to create a flow that uploads a picture from PowerApps to a SharePoint picture library by using the following:

flow.png

The dataUriToBinary step is important to change the type of the object returned by PowerApps.

The formula is this: dataUriToBinary(triggerBody()['Createfile_FileContent'])

I would suggest to paste that formula in the expression editor and press update:

flow2.png

Note! you cannot test this in the editor app preview, it only works when you run the app outside the editor. For some reason, in editor it returns a different data type, than outside of it.

Hope this helps 🙂 

MelindaK
aifong

What is the object that you pass to it from PowerApp? I am trying to upload from an image upload control in PowerApp. The UploadImage.Image doesn't seem to be the expected object for the dataUrlToBinary function?

MelindaK
Level 8

@aifong

I am using the take picture control in that case.

I am just about to have a look at the upload image control to see how it behaves. I'll let you know if I find a working solution.

MelindaK
AlexVR

@MelindaK Hi Melinda, i try this script on Flows too, but i got error when trying to run this flow on Powerapps, when i use flow without the "compose", the file were created, but inside them the file content was the Blob:URL, not a file itself, ok so this function i am not sure how to send the URI, please your help, on the script detailed on Flows, and When i call the Flow from a OnSelect button parameters. Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 293 members 3,164 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: