cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Failed to create connection for connection id '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_runtimeser

Hello,

Has anybody seen this error:

Failed to create connection for connection id '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_runtimeservice/connections/shared-runtimeservic-6781A1EA-EC5F-427A-8BEF-C1856F74774A'. You have reached the maximum number of connections for the 'runtimeservice' API.

This happens when I'm designing a Microsoft flow accessing a CDS service.

cds.PNGCDS ACCESS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

Re: Failed to create connection for connection id '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_runtim

Make sure you have selected the right environment in the top-right corner of the flow UI. Typically there are not databases in the tenant default environment (such as the Microsoft (default) environment), so you want to make sure you select the environment where your Common Data Service lives.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

Re: Failed to create connection for connection id '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_runtim

Based on our telemetry it appears that you may already have a connection to the Common Data Service created and it errored out since we only allow one connection being created per environment.

Could you please look and see if you can choose your existing connection instead of creating one?

Microsoft Employee

Hello Carlos,

I have one but it does not let me connect to my database, in fact no database is displayed. The default connection in PowerApps is Microsoft environment which does not have a database and I'm not allowed to create a new one.

So I created a new environment called MARCIAP and there I created a CDS database.

I have these connections in powerapps

CONNECTIONS

flow connections

Microsoft Employee

Soory Carlos, the image did not arrive

CDSCONNECTIONS.PNGConnections in powerappsCDSCONNECTIONS2.PNGConnections in flow

Microsoft Employee

Soory Carlos, the image did not arrive

CDSCONNECTIONS.PNGConnections in powerappsCDSCONNECTIONS2.PNGConnections in flow

PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

Make sure you have selected the right environment in the top-right corner of the flow UI. Typically there are not databases in the tenant default environment (such as the Microsoft (default) environment), so you want to make sure you select the environment where your Common Data Service lives.

View solution in original post

Microsoft Employee

Hello Carlos!

The problem is solved. The issue was that I was not selecting the environment with the CDM Database. Thank you so much for all your help!!

YellowHuang
Level: Power Up

Hello Marcia
I have the same problem with you, but I don't know how to connect with the correct enviroment because Microsoft Flow would connect to my defualt enviroment automatically. Could you teach me how to resolve this problem? Thanks a lot!!!

Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Hello Yellow!!

Of course.

In my case I created a new environment in PowerApps to be able to have my CDS database.

The name I chose is MARCIAPAX, so when you need to access flow you have to select the same environment name as in PowerApps, otherwise you will have the connection erros 

POWERAPPS                                                                                FLOW

powerapps.PNGflow1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 491 members 6,346 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: