cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lobanyana
Level: Powered On

Failed to register the service

I have a working flow (tested in the Flow Studio via "Test" button), also I have a PowerApp, which contains a button, by clicking on which the flow should start running. So these 2 pieces seem to work separately from each other, but once I try to connect the flow to my app, via clicking [Action -> Flows -> click on my flow] I am getting the error message saying "Failed to register the service". Please check the attached screenshot for the details. Does anyone know what is the issue?
Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
IrhanC

Re: Failed to register the service

The fix is to export and re-import the flow again  using the update function ( not the create as new), this should resolve your issue hopefully 

View solution in original post

NPBA_AT
Level 8

Hi @TopShelf-MSFT  and @jadm ,

I have managed to register the Flow now. I tried the suggestion of exporting the Flow and then reimporting it again as an update, and that seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Anne

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
lobanyana

A little bit more details on the app and the flow:

• In the app we have dropdown list with 5 possible options, which are the names of the excel tables [Excel Online], containing some data;
  • Also we have button in the app named "Upload", once you click on the button the flow should be executed: data from one of the excel tables (based on the selected possibility in the dropdown list) should be written to the corresponding table in the SQL DB;
  • In the flow we have following steps specified:
    • First, we get the name of the table, which was selected in the powerapp dropdownlist;
    • Second, we have a switch step with 5 cases correspondingly, each for each table name from the dropdown list;
    • Third, based on what was selected in the app dropdown list, we specify to which table in SQL DB data should be written to, based on the selection in the dropdown;

That's all. Please let me know, if more information is needed.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lobanyana,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

How do you get the name of the table selected in the powerapp dropdownlist within your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:Test1.gif

The user @mcorning has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Failed-to-register-service-quot-error-co...

Please take a try to create a new flow which uses a PowerApps button as the trigger button, then bind this flow to a Button control within your app, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, you could also take a try to add a Button control within your app, then click Action-> Flows-> "Create a new flow", after that, this Button control would be bound to a blank app which has a PowerApps Button trigger. Please check the following GIF image for more details:Test1.gif

Please take a try with above solution that I provided, then check if the issue is solved on your side.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lobanyana

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your reply! We've tried both options, which work till we add switch step in the flow. You can see our flow in the attached screenshot. I've added coments to the screenshot, answering your questions.

Yana

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lobanyana,

Do you have something issue with your flow?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lobanyana

Hi Kris,

No, the problem is still there. I provided an additional screenshot and the details about the flow itself in my previous response to you. We still encounter same error. You can see the screenshot in my last reply, containing all the stps, that we currently have in the flow. Just to summarize, as I mentioned in the issue description, this flow works, once we test it, but we can't bind it to the app. It seems like the issue has something to do with the "Switch" step in the flow, since once we delete this step, we can connect the flow to the app.

Cheers,

Yana

lobanyana

Hi Kris,

I'm wondering, if you have an update on this issue. Do you need more information on the problem, that we are facing? If so, please do let me know, and I'll be happy to provide you with even more details.

Looking forward for your reply!

Thanks,
Yana

gadgetman4u

I am also having the same problem too as well.  Is there a solution to this?

Highlighted
NPBA_AT
Level 8

I have this issue too. Microsoft...are you offering any help here?

Usman

I have problem. my flow was working fine, then I edited my flow at it started showing "Registering Error" even though I restored my flow to original.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 339 members 6,879 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: