cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyee4613
Level 8

Failure to Read Excel Content

I switched my data source.  It gave me an error until I messed with the data a bit and it went away (no idea how I did it, though).  Anyway, I added a few new columns of data and I went to republish only to find my data source became invalid somehow.  

image.png

If my picture is too small, it says 

Failed to load table11. The requested operation is invalid. Server response: Failed to read the Excel workbook content. Failure reason: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: The cells A3 and W2 are outside the range ''Active Employees 05-13-19'!A2:W2'. clientRequestId: f43346c2-d88c-4926-bcf9-3628d81cef12 serviceRequestId: f43346c2-d88c-4926-bcf9-3628d81cef12

How do I fix this?  I can't find an active employee range on the spreadsheet.  I've eliminated all named ranges outside of my table.  There is nothing in any cell past R.  I have eliminated all formulas by copying everything then copying pasting values and I have removed all conditional formatting.  
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Failure to Read Excel Content

Hi @dyee4613 

Sometimes, the easiest way to solve these types of problems is to copy your data into a new Excel spreadsheet and to use that instead. I would give that a try and see if the problem goes away.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dyee4613 ,

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with your Excel table.

Please check if you have specified some constraints (e.g. the max value, the mim value, value ranger etc...) to the columns in your Excel table. Please consider remove these constraints from your Excel table.

As an fixed solution, please consider copy the data from your Excel tablem, then re-create a new Excel file, add same column names as that in your previous Excel table, then paste the copied data there, then format the data as a new Table.

Within your app, re-create a new connection to the new created Excel table, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @dyee4613 

Sometimes, the easiest way to solve these types of problems is to copy your data into a new Excel spreadsheet and to use that instead. I would give that a try and see if the problem goes away.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dyee4613 ,

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with your Excel table.

Please check if you have specified some constraints (e.g. the max value, the mim value, value ranger etc...) to the columns in your Excel table. Please consider remove these constraints from your Excel table.

As an fixed solution, please consider copy the data from your Excel tablem, then re-create a new Excel file, add same column names as that in your previous Excel table, then paste the copied data there, then format the data as a new Table.

Within your app, re-create a new connection to the new created Excel table, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,210)