cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webuildwood
Level: Powered On

File System Connector - Am I limited to Excel files?

Greetings,

I'd like to pull some various video and picture files from an on-prem file share into my PowerApp - can I not achieve this with the File System connector and the on-prem data gateway? If not, is there currently a way to do this? 

My use case is this: when viewing 4k video within my PowerApp, I'd rather have it streaming over my LAN than using up a bunch of bandwidth, especially if I have 10+ instances of the application running at a time. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: File System Connector - Am I limited to Excel files?

HI @webuildwood,

Can you share a bit more about your issue?

By your saying ”can I not achieve this with the file system connector and the on-prem data gateway, Do you want to load local video and picture file to powerapps APP?

I made a test.

I created a shared folder , added an image and a video.

Currently,Powerapps is not supported to load the image and video files through the file system connection

regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @webuildwood,

Can you share a bit more about your issue?

By your saying ”can I not achieve this with the file system connector and the on-prem data gateway, Do you want to load local video and picture file to powerapps APP?

I made a test.

I created a shared folder , added an image and a video.

Currently,Powerapps is not supported to load the image and video files through the file system connection

regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

webuildwood
Level: Powered On

Thanks Eason! That was my question: whether or not the file system connector can load images/video into a PowerApp.

This is a digital signage application. A very large loop of screens play, some of the video in those screens is 4K video. Because 4K video is so bandwidth intensive, and this application will have many instances running on the same pipe at the same time, I'm looking for a way to have the PowerApp pull from local storage instead of trying to stream the video from SharePoint, YouTube, or another location. 

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

@webuildwood thank you for your post and I'm sorry that this is not possible yet in PowerApps. You can submit this to the PowerApps Ideas Forum - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,950)