cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javargas
Level: Powered On

Fill Dropdown with information

Hello. I am working on a SharePoint list in wich I would like to have a dropdown with numbers from 0 to 100 counting 5 to 5, something like 0 5 10 15... Is there a way to do it on the PowerApps form with a formula instead of manually setting those values. Any help would be great 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Fill Dropdown with information

You can accomplish this using a timer and a collection

Under your App control, initialize a timer and Clear your collection.

Set(DDCtr, 0); Clear(DD)

Then add a Timer control to the screen where your dropdown will appear and set the visible property to false so it is hidden. (I didn't hide it for the purposes of this set of instructions.) 

Set the 4 highlighted values as follows:
1.  Set the OnTimerEnd action to:

Set(DDCtr, DDCtr + 5);Collect(DD,{DDValue: DDCtr});

2.  Set the Start property to true so the timer will start when the screen become visible.

3.  Set a duration for your timer -- I used 100 (milliseconds)

4.  Use an If statement in Repeat to turn repeat off once you get to your target value.  Note that I check for 95, not 100 so that I get only 5 - 100 by 5s in my collection.

Timer.jpg

Then set your DropDown to get its data from the collection you created, in my case DD and get the value from DDValue.

Timer2.jpg

Execute the On Start for your App properties (right click on 3 dots by App, then click On Start) to initialize DDCtr and clear the collection. 

Then Play your screen and the dropdown will populate with the desired values.
Note:  If you need to repeat for testing, be sure to execute the on start each time or you will add to your collection and wind up with duplicate values.

Timer3.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Javargas ,

I found that you have posted same issue within this forum, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Fill-Dropdown-with-information/m-p/279869/highligh...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting in the community @Javargas - can you review the above replies and advise if they were helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 333 members 6,465 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: