Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vish_p
Level 8

Filter DataTable based on DataField

Hey all,

I have created a choice type column in my sharepoint list ans the same has been fetched into my powerapp (it shows as combo box),now below that,on the same screen i am displaying a datatable which i would like to filter based on the selection made by the user in the combo box.

For example,if an user selects "ABC department" from combobox ,the data table should only show rows which has "ABC department" in its Department column.

Please help me.

Note : I have tried this formla ,but its not working : 

Filter(NSPM,NSPM.Department = DataCardValue5.Selected.Value)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tchin-nin
Level 10

Re: Filter DataTable based on DataField

Hi, Sorry my bad, to filter a SharePoint Choices column here is the formula : Filter(NSPM, Department.Value=Combobox.Selected.Value) This is just assuming the items in your combobox have a column name value containing the text you want to compare with your choices in SharePoint. If it doesn't work, please provide us the Items property of the dropdown so we can identify how the formula should be written. Théo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi,
You don't have to specify the table name in the filter condition. The property is enough. So if your NSPM list has a column Department, this formula should work :

Filter(NSPM,Department = DataCardValue5.Selected.Value)

You just have to make sure the options in the combobox are equal to what is stored in the Department column.

Théo
vish_p
Level 8

Thnx,I tried this also but still not working

tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi, Sorry my bad, to filter a SharePoint Choices column here is the formula : Filter(NSPM, Department.Value=Combobox.Selected.Value) This is just assuming the items in your combobox have a column name value containing the text you want to compare with your choices in SharePoint. If it doesn't work, please provide us the Items property of the dropdown so we can identify how the formula should be written. Théo

View solution in original post

vish_p
Level 8

Thanks ! That Just worked  😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,742)