cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP4249
Level: Powered On

Filter Gallery Using Distinct Dropdown

Hi,

Still very new to this and cannot seem to figure out how to do it!

So I have a single gallery displaying data from a sharepoint list. I can filter that gallery using four dropdown boxes using the following formula which works fine:

Filter(SPList,County = Dropdown1.Selected.County,YOB = Dropdown2.Selected.YOB,Ethnicity = Dropdown3.Selected.Ethnicity,Connection = Dropdown4.Selected.Connection)

The issue is that the options in the dropdowns themselves contain multiple values where I only need to display one.

I tried using the following Distinct formula on each dropdown box which works fine:

Distinct(Stories_1,County)

Problem is this then breaks the gallery filter formula - what do I need to change here?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter Gallery Using Distinct Dropdown

When using the Distinct function, it changes the resulting column name to Result instead of what it used to be. That means that for each Dropdown that uses a Distinct formula, the reference would end in “Result”. So for Dropdown1, it would be Dropdown1.Selected.Result instead of Dropdown1.Selected.Country. Changing this for each Dropdown that uses a Distinct function should get your Filter working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Heya,

When you make them distinct, they dont have other values like YOB, they are just a list of distinct values, so they will probably be Dropdown1.Selected.Result etc etc

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

When using the Distinct function, it changes the resulting column name to Result instead of what it used to be. That means that for each Dropdown that uses a Distinct formula, the reference would end in “Result”. So for Dropdown1, it would be Dropdown1.Selected.Result instead of Dropdown1.Selected.Country. Changing this for each Dropdown that uses a Distinct function should get your Filter working.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Oops! I should have refreshed before posting! Sorry for the echoed answer there @iAm_ManCat and @MP4249Smiley Embarassed

Super User
Super User

No worries!

And yeah I forgot that it's .Result not .Value - Have updated my first answer to .Result 🙂

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
MP4249
Level: Powered On

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,797)