cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HughOfficer
Level: Powered On

Filter Gallery based on dropdown selection and search multiple columns

So I'm trying to have a user be able to search for specific fields in multiple different columns after they have defined their search with dropdown selectors. I have the "Month_x0020_Name" working in my search but the "Products" and "Discount_x0020_Band" dont show when the user types in a value from that column.

Here is the formula for the items in the gallery.

Formula for Gallery.PNG

This is the search wehn it works with the month name.

Working Search.PNG

But when I search for a product no items come up. Prettty confused at this point as it is the only thing that I need to figure out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HughOfficer

Re: Filter Gallery based on dropdown selection and search multiple columns

Ok so I have found the solution to what I need and now I can use the search box so that the user can search for data that is in any column in a sharepoint list that is a text format. Haven't tried with numbers or dates though.

Here is what I did for the formula.

Working search formula.PNG

And this is the result that I get.

Perfect Search.PNG

Note: If you haven't indexed your columns then all of your data may not be searched only most or part of it if you have more than 500 rows.

On the screenshot above it shows that I have 300 tiles of data even though My sharepoint list has over 700.

This is because it actually shows the first 100 items/tiles then if you scroll down it will load the next 100. Depending on how much data you have if you have the dropdown filters active in the formula you may not see all of your data. Maybe 200 out of 700.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nickduxfield
Level 8

What are the ITEM code for the DropDowns?

What type of columns are they?

Any reason why you need to search multiple columns for a Month Text? Can you use a Distinct on a dropdown?

HughOfficer

Well the dropdowns aren't the problem and this is just little project just for me to mess around with what I can do with the search function. All of the columns that I'm trying to search in the searchbox are text columns.

HughOfficer

Ok so I have found the solution to what I need and now I can use the search box so that the user can search for data that is in any column in a sharepoint list that is a text format. Haven't tried with numbers or dates though.

Here is what I did for the formula.

Working search formula.PNG

And this is the result that I get.

Perfect Search.PNG

Note: If you haven't indexed your columns then all of your data may not be searched only most or part of it if you have more than 500 rows.

On the screenshot above it shows that I have 300 tiles of data even though My sharepoint list has over 700.

This is because it actually shows the first 100 items/tiles then if you scroll down it will load the next 100. Depending on how much data you have if you have the dropdown filters active in the formula you may not see all of your data. Maybe 200 out of 700.

View solution in original post

nickduxfield
Level 8

Have you tried using the In Operator & Or ||,

Adding the SearchInput as an AND would mean that the search term would have to exactly start the string in the column or the filter will fail. It will happen when a user tries to refine on a guess.

• You can add || for your Starts with.
  • Or swap Starts with to In to give a better chance.
  • You can also give an exact exact filter by using a dropdown with Distinct values for Product.

Other notes:

• I saw you use a lot of !NOT. I don't believe this is delegatable, so your records may be imported into the APP up to 500 records to parse. Hence you can add || to avoid all that code to make it an optional filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,842)