cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafaelbenicio
Level: Powered On

Filter/Search Function SharePoint List

Hi Everyone, 

I'm sorry for a possible duplicate post but none of the solutions I've found over here worked for me. I'm trying to have a simple search bar field that searches for some request types from my sharepoint list. Thanks for stopping by and trying to help me out. 

Here are some of the screenshoots so then you can have a better understanding of my case. Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 12.33.51 PM.pngOverview from my application

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 12.37.27 PM.pngError Description on PowerAppsScreen Shot 2018-10-02 at 12.33.51 PM.pngOverview from my applicationScreen Shot 2018-10-02 at 12.37.13 PM.pngError Description on PowerApps

13 REPLIES 13
tchin-nin
Level 10

Re: Filter/Search Function SharePoint List

Hi

Your filter second argument must be a condition : 

Filter(<DataSource>, TextSearchBox1.Text in Title1)

Théo

rafaelbenicio

Hi @tchin-nin

Thanks for posting but unfortunately your condition didn't work.

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.51.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.51.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.51.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.51.44 PM.png

tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi,

You have to put the formula I gave you into the Items property of the gallery. 

The textbox default property is the default text value inside the textbox. 

The Items property if a gallery define which items are displayed. So this is where you have to do the filter. 

Théo

rafaelbenicio

Sorry @tchin-nin

Are you talking about this? If yes, it didnt work. Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 10.04.55 PM.png

aadilganie
Level 8

Hi @rafaelbenicio

I would try this Filter('Leave Request', '<name of field in SharePoint list>' in TextSearchBox1.Text)..

The current formula seems to be searching within the app when it needs to be searching the actual Sharepoint datasource.

With that being said I would highly recommend you stay away from "in" when using SharePoint as it isnt delegable. More information on that here. My recommendation would be to download them into a collection perhaps using a filtered formula and then use the "in".. This should work much quicker.. 

All the best!

tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi,

Downloading the data into a collection doesn't avoid the delegation issue since the local collection will only contains the first 500 items of the DataSource.

Does your DataSource actually have a column named Title1 ? You have to filter against a column of your SharePoint list.

Théo
aadilganie
Level 8

@tchin-nin yup you're right it isnt.. My apologies, @rafaelbenicio.. Forgot to mention that you should collect the data using a formula that is delegable..

Thanks @tchin-nin!

tchin-nin
Level 10

But you're right to talk about delegation for sure !
This is a major issue when working with SharePoint, the only delegatable operator is "=" so the filtering options are limited. Also all complex column types (choices / lookup) aren't delegatable either.

Théo
Highlighted
rafaelbenicio

oh I see! If I understoood correctly, it won't work since the field I'm trying to filter is a lookup field in Sharepoint. 

Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,027)