Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jon3991
Level: Powered On

Filter/Search

New user here!

I have a sharepoint list for projects named 'JOB LIST'. 

Capture.JPG

I have a power app that uses a column on this list called 'Job Details' 

Each item on this list starts with a numerical job #. As you can see the search feature works fine this way.  

Capture1.JPG

However if I search the same column by job name, nothing comes up. How do I update the search feature to include text/letters in each?

Capture2.JPG

I have been struggling with this for hours, please help!

Thanks!

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter/Search

Hi @Jon3991,

Before we go any further, please help answer some questions:

1. What is the column type of this 'Job Details'  column in SharePoint?

2. In your screenshot, I saw the column name is different for this column that you said it's the same column. May I know how did you set on this? I thought one column could only have one column name, isn't it? Please share the detailed configuration of this column so that I would try to create a similar one and test.

3. In the text box I saw you filled "TAN", is this a string may occur anywhere within the column? For example, searching for "rob" or "bert" would find a match in a column that contains "Robert".

4. Is this inside an Edit Form?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jon3991,

Before we go any further, please help answer some questions:

1. What is the column type of this 'Job Details'  column in SharePoint?

2. In your screenshot, I saw the column name is different for this column that you said it's the same column. May I know how did you set on this? I thought one column could only have one column name, isn't it? Please share the detailed configuration of this column so that I would try to create a similar one and test.

3. In the text box I saw you filled "TAN", is this a string may occur anywhere within the column? For example, searching for "rob" or "bert" would find a match in a column that contains "Robert".

4. Is this inside an Edit Form?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Jon3991
Level: Powered On

Hi Mona! @v-monli-msft

Please see attached image for answers to 1 and 2( named 1 and 2).

It is a LOOKUP column and the name was changed under the column settings of the list. 

3. "TAN" for example would have been to find a project named 17-10198-TANNERS. I am able to search by the job #(17-10198), because that is what each item starts with. Just not the name even though the name and number are all on the same line item in the List we are using as a data source.  (See attached image named "job details Column")

4. Yes This is an edit FORM. See attached image named "form"

The data flows fine. From the data source, to the sharepoint list after selection and submission. However the name for each job is not searchable when user is trying to find it.  Only the job number. 

Thanks so much!

Jon

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,823)