cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dev709
Level: Power Up

Filter SharePoint Gallery by values in a table.

I have a gallery on the screen displaying the contents of a document library. I also have a field in a form on the same screen that is associated with a list and has a lookup field to the same document library and also allows multiple values. The value of that lookup field is a table of IDs. I've loaded them in a variable in the event it makes it easier to work with but I'm not sure there's any value in doing that at this point.

What I want to do is filter the document library gallery to only show the items that have IDs that match any ID from that field. So for example, if the value of the field has a table with values 3,5,8,11 I want to only show the documents in the gallery that have an ID that matches one of those values.

The context is a case where I can't use list item attachments and I need to allow for associating documents with a list item. The lookup works OK in that you can type in the filter to narrow results. However when you display it just gives static text of the title and no clickable link for the document. By adding a gallery I'm hoping it'll be easier to view the associated documents.

Thanks very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter SharePoint Gallery by values in a table.

Hi @dev709 ,

Did you mean that it's a multiple-values enable lookup column? If so, then please insert a Radio control in the data card instead and set its Items property to:

Filter(Library1,ID in DataCardValue17.SelectedItems.Value).'Link to item'

OnSelect property to:

DataCardValue17 is the combo box control for the multiple-valued lookup column.

This work for me:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dev709 ,

Since your purpose is to show the link of the document that the lookup column in SharePoint list is associated to, then instead of showing the document links in a gallery, you can actually achieve this inside each list items' form control.

In my SharePoint list, I have a lookup column called LookupLibrary which source is a library and the value is from the library's ID field. In PowerApps Form control, this field display as a dropdown control like below. Select this data card, unlock it and insert a Label control. Set the Text property of Label1 to:

LookUp(Library1,ID=DataCardValue16.Selected.Value,'Link to item')

Library1 is the source library's name, DataCardValue16 is the dropdown control's name for the lookup field.

Capture.JPG

Then if you can hide the dropdown control by setting its Visible property to false. And you can also make this link clickable, by setting the OnSelect property of the Label1 to:

Launch(LookUp(Library1,ID=DataCardValue16.Selected.Value,'Link to item'))

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dev709
Level: Power Up

Thanks for the reply. It does retrieve the URL value but unfortunately it seems like it only does it for the first item. There could be multiple items associated. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

I managed to get the gallery to work, but unfortunately it was using "in" so I get the delegation warning.

Filter('Document Library', ID in DataCardValue5.SelectedItems.Id)

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dev709 ,

Did you mean that it's a multiple-values enable lookup column? If so, then please insert a Radio control in the data card instead and set its Items property to:

OnSelect property to:

DataCardValue17 is the combo box control for the multiple-valued lookup column.

This work for me:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,688)