cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffgeno
Level: Powered On

Filter SharePoint List by Date Column

The functionality to filter a SharePoint list by a date column is broken. I have a custom list with a date column that I would like to filter by title and date, so only things matching a certain title on a certain date are listed in a gallery. This was working for a while, but still generated a blue dot, warning me that a date filter can't be delegated to SharePoint. Now it produces no results if I try match a Date field with a Date Picker Selected date.

The only way I've been able to get results to show is by doing two filters, one by Title, then a second one using a DateDiff function and making sure the difference in days is zero. It still shows the blue dot, but results appear.

Why did this suddenly stop working today? And why is filtering by date not delegatable to SharePoint? That seems like a very basic type of lookup that should be supported.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter SharePoint List by Date Column

Hi @jeffgeno,

I think the issue here should be related with the Date Picker control (which added a timezone property), please take a try to replace the datepicker control with a textinput, then have the date column equal the formula below:

DateTimeValue(TextInput1.Text,"en-US")

See if this would help.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jeffgeno

I had the Date Picker populate a text field and used that text field to filter the list and it does not work. I still get the blue dot and there are no results returned for a filter which definitely has items matching. The answer might be to change the field type in SharePoint to text instead of date and time, but I'd have to make sure the old values are still maintained.

Narula_Srinivas

After spending more than a day...I could able to filter sharepoint list date column with powerapp datepicker.

Instead of passing DatePicker2.SelectedDate directly to sharepoint date column. We need to pass Year,Month & Day seperately as shown below.

ActivityStartDate<=Date(Year(DatePicker2.SelectedDate),Month(DatePicker2.SelectedDate),Day(DatePicker2.SelectedDate))

Hope this helps someone.

Happy Coding!!

emegrant-RHC

Hi,

I am running into an issue that is similar to what was described here.

I have a simple SharePoint online List of appointment type data that I load into a PowerApp Gallery.  So far so good.

I want to be able to pick a date from a datepicker and filter the Gallery items listed by that date so that only the appointments for that date will be visible and editable.  The List field is "Start_Time" and is a date type field.  If I use the following formula for the gallery, I can correctly see the appointments for today (only).  This one works for today.  That is the first goal.

Sort(Filter(Today_Glance, IsToday(Start_Time)), Start_Time, Ascending)

The second goal is to be able to see any day I pick from a datepicker control.  I tried the following formula to do the same function and also be able to use a different date from a datepicker to see any given day's appointments. This does not work.  I receive and error and no items are shown for any date I pick.

Filter(Today_Glance,Start_Time=(Date(Year(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),Month(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),Day(DatePicker1.SelectedDate))))

If I change the "=" to either "<=" or ">=", I can see some items in the Gallery but they are not restricted to the date I picked.  They show for their respective equivelents, Picked date or less/picked date or more.

I know it must be something simple but I'm just not seeing it.  I've attached a couple of screen captures for the error message and for the date fields I need to use.

Can anyone help???  Please!!!

Thanks for any help.

Ed

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,386)