Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
charlie75
Level: Powered On

Filter on Outlook groups that the user belongs to

Hi,

In SharePoint I have a list of trainings, with a column containg the Outlook group this training is made for (ex: "Salespeople", "Developers", "Soccer Players")

I want the user of my app to see only the trainings that are made for him (e.g. show only trainings with target group "Developers" and "Soccer Players" if my user is a developer and a soccer player)

Is there a way to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filter on Outlook groups that the user belongs to

Hi @charlie75

It depends on how you identify the user to belong to one of the group? Is there any way to get this inforamtion form the system? If not you can simply have a dropdown in first Screen where user selects what group h belongs to and then the list will just filter the training for that group.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @charlie75,

Currenlty I don't find a proper way to make it working.

Things you may take as a consideration (and the current testing result):

1. Make sure the Outlook group field in SharePoint List is not a Multiple Value enabled field, currnelty this is not supported,

2. For single item of SharePoint list, we could check if the current user is a member of the Group, with the AzureAD.checkMembergroups(id,groupId),

But this method requires Azure AD connection, and to take use of the corresponding Gorup ID, not the group name.

We could get the group list that the current user belongs to, with the following method:

AddColumns(AzureAD.GetMemberGroups("testing@tenant.onmicrosoft.com",false).Value,"GroupName",AzureAD.GetGroup(Value).displayName)

But this requires behavior control like button, or the OnStart or OnVisible property of the screen.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
charlie75

Thanks a lot for your answer. However I think I will look for an easier solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @charlie75

It depends on how you identify the user to belong to one of the group? Is there any way to get this inforamtion form the system? If not you can simply have a dropdown in first Screen where user selects what group h belongs to and then the list will just filter the training for that group.

View solution in original post

charlie75

This is the solution I finally chose. Thank you @Anonymous

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,052)