cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_General
Level: Powered On

Filtering Results where I am the manager of a person in the Team Lead or Any Member of the Team Members Fields

Hi

I am building a gallery and that pulls data from Sharepoint.

I have a created by Manager field that sharepoint is populating and I can match my Office365 Profile displayname with the Created By Manager field.

I get a problem when I have a person / multi person list and I want to return items where I am the manager of the person in the Team Lead field or member of any person in the team member field

Team Leader is a single entry lookup from AD

Team member is a multi entry lookup from AD

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filtering Results where I am the manager of a person in the Team Lead or Any Member of the Team Members Fields

Hi @The_General ,

This is hard to achieve but could if you know how many persons are included at most in multiple-values enabled team members field. For example, if I have at most 3 persons for team members field, then use a formula like below in the Items property of the Gallery control:

Filter(ListName,Office365Users.Manager(Person.Email).Mail=User().Email|| User().Email=Office365Users.Manager(First(MultiPerson).Email).Mail|| User().Email=Office365Users.Manager(Last(FirstN(MultiPerson,2)).Email).Mail||User().Email=Office365Users.Manager(Last(MultiPerson).Email).Mail)

Replace Person with your manager field name and MultiPerson with your team member field name.

Remember to add the Office 365 Users connection in this SharePoint app.  

This works for me.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filtering Results where I am the manager of a person in the Team Lead or Any Member of the Team Members Fields

Hi @The_General ,

Sorry but I didn't fully understand your issue.  Are Team Lead field and team member field you mentioned in your post 2 person and group fields in SharePoint list? Are they multiple values enabled columns? 

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
The_General
Level: Powered On

The team lead field is a single entry person field

The team members field is a multi entry person field

Thanks

Graham

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @The_General ,

This is hard to achieve but could if you know how many persons are included at most in multiple-values enabled team members field. For example, if I have at most 3 persons for team members field, then use a formula like below in the Items property of the Gallery control:

Filter(ListName,Office365Users.Manager(Person.Email).Mail=User().Email|| User().Email=Office365Users.Manager(First(MultiPerson).Email).Mail|| User().Email=Office365Users.Manager(Last(FirstN(MultiPerson,2)).Email).Mail||User().Email=Office365Users.Manager(Last(MultiPerson).Email).Mail)

Replace Person with your manager field name and MultiPerson with your team member field name.

Remember to add the Office 365 Users connection in this SharePoint app.  

This works for me.

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,928)