cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tbrantley
Level: Powered On

Filtering SharePoint list with over 500 items

I have a SharePoint list that has over 500 items and I need to filter out the data based on conditions.

The formula below will filter out most of the items but any items recently entered will not show up. This happens because of the delegation rules I'm guessing.

How can I overcome this and retrieive all of the data?

SortByColumns(Filter('DOT List', StartsWith(Truck_x0020_Number, TextSearchBox1.Text), Author.Email=User().Email && Complete.Value="Yes"), "Date_x0020_and_x0020_Time", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Descending))

2 REPLIES 2
pathomson
Level: Powered On

Re: Filtering SharePoint list with over 500 items

I belive you can change the number of records returned to up to 2000 for non delegatable sources. This setting is under your App Settings screen, Advanced Settings.

If you have more records that this, you could pull them in to a local collection first on the start of the App - depending on the size of the list and the performance, etc.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filtering SharePoint list with over 500 items

Hi @tbrantley,

Do you have get a blue-dot suggestions with the formula that you provided?

If you have gotten a blue-dot suggestions with the formula that you provided, I think your thought is correct, you have faced Non-delegable issue.

If the formula could not be delegated within PowerApps, it would be processed locally. By default, you could only process 500 records at most locally. If you want to process much more records, you could consider change "Data row limit for non-delegable queries" within the Advanced settings of App Settings:11.JPG

Then change the Value to 2000 (maximum value).

More details about the Non-Delegable limits in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Change Non-Delegable limit in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 211 members 6,263 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: