cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SnowFlake
Level: Powered On

Filtering gallery by User logged in by referencing a multi-select people picker Column (SharePoint)

Hi Guys

I need to restrict what users see in a gallery based on if they assigned to that task or not.  I was writing the PeoplePicker.Selected.Email to SharePoint list as a Single line Text field and filtering on User().Email=UserEmailAddress.

worked perfectly. 

I now need to select multiple users to see 1 item in a gallery and cannot use the method above. The users allowed access will be captured in the SharePoint people picker.

Please, can you guys advise the best way to go about this or share links to solutions?  

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Filtering gallery by User logged in by referencing a multi-select people picker Column (SharePoi

@SnowFlake@

Where your muliple users are listed in your SharePoint list is it one column that allows muliple people to be selected? It looks like it is from what you put...I just like to confirm I am understanding correctly. 

If so, you can use = Filter(SPList, User().Email in ColumnName.Email)

It will search off multple names in one column if you use the "in"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Filtering gallery by User logged in by referencing a multi-select people picker Column (SharePoi

@SnowFlake@

Where your muliple users are listed in your SharePoint list is it one column that allows muliple people to be selected? It looks like it is from what you put...I just like to confirm I am understanding correctly. 

If so, you can use = Filter(SPList, User().Email in ColumnName.Email)

It will search off multple names in one column if you use the "in"

View solution in original post

SnowFlake
Level: Powered On

@rebeccas 
Thank you most kindly.  I didn't know about In and Exactin. You have taught me a great deal. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,913)