Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Santosh_M
Level: Powered On

Filtering gallery by multiple dropdowns AND search box

Hi,

I have a built a form with 40 questions and each of them have one dropdown and radio check box. The users have to select a response from each of this option. 

I am able to patch the only first questions responses to to SharePoint now. And unable to do it for the next set of questions? In screenshot, i am sharing only 2 questions to keep it simple.

Capture.PNG

Any solution to this would be helpful.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Filtering gallery by multiple dropdowns AND search box

Are you saving these as one item in your SP list per question - so 40 items to record the 40 questions with 2 columns per item (plus whatever other identifying columns you may have)?  Or are you saving one item in your SP list containing the answer to all 40 questions  - so  80 columns (plus id columns) for each item?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Santosh_M ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

How do you patch the response and answer to your SP list within your app? Could you please share a bit more about the formula?

Further, do you list your questions and answers within a Gallery or a Edit form?

If you list your questions within a Edit form, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

8.JPG

Set the Update property of the Question Data card which contains the Dopdown box and Radio button to following:

If(
    IsBlank(Radio2.Selected.Value),   /* <-- Radio2 represents the Radio control within the correspoding Question data card in your Edit form */
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value,         /* <-- Dropdown1 represents the Dropdown box within the corresponding Question data card in your Edit form */
    Radio2.Selected.Value
)

If you list your questions within a Gallery, I think the Patch function and ForAll function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the follownig workaround:9.JPG

10.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

ForAll(
       Gallery1.AllItems,
       Patch(
             '20190325_case13',
             Defaults('20190325_case13'),
             {
               Title: If(IsBlank(Radio4.Selected.Value), Dropdown3.Selected.Value, Radio4.Selected.Value)
             }
       )
)

On your side, you should type:

ForAll(
       Gallery1.AllItems,    /* <-- Galery1 represents the Gallery in your app */
       Patch(
             'YourSPList',             /* <-- 'YourSPList' represents your SP list data source */
             Defaults('YourSPList'),
             {
               AnswerColumn: If(
IsBlank(RadioButton.Selected.Value), /* <-- RadioButton represents the Radio control within your Gallery */
DropdownBox.Selected.Value, /* <-- DropdownBox represents the Dropdown control within your Gallery */
RadioButton.Selected.Value
) } ) )

Note: The AnswerColumn represents the column in your SP list, which used to store the question answer.

More details about ForAll function and Patch function, please check the following article:

ForAll functon, Patch function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Santosh_M

Hello,

The list will have 40 items to record the 40 questions with 2 columns per item. 

Thanks,

Santosh

Santosh_M

@LRVinNC wrote:

Are you saving these as one item in your SP list per question - so 40 items to record the 40 questions with 2 columns per item (plus whatever other identifying columns you may have)?  Or are you saving one item in your SP list containing the answer to all 40 questions  - so  80 columns (plus id columns) for each item?

Hello,

The list will have 40 items to record the 40 questions with 2 columns per item. 

Thanks,

Santosh

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Santosh_M ,

Has you taken a try with the solution I provided above?

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Santosh_M

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @Santosh_M ,

Has you taken a try with the solution I provided above?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Hey, I am yet to implement this one. Will post reply once done with that.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Santosh_M ,

Have you taken a try with the solution I provided?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,756)