cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeCaru
Level 8

Filtering gallery by using information from another datasource

Hello all,

I have a question/problem/need some help regarding some formula I am trying to use. The situation is the following: I have my Excel sheet as datasource 1, which is the main one, that has the following columns (that I am trying to use):

filtro2.png

As can be seen, column A has "project type", column C the name, column D the task type (level 1), column E the task type level 2 and the last column (that does have data, but in other rows) is task level 3.

Then, on my second Excel file I have the 'master task data', where it shows all the project types that exist, along with the task it has and also a column that is called 'Dependientes_MT' which has the number of tasks it has in a level below them.

filtro1.png

In the image, it can be seen it is columns A-B-C-D and E.

What I want to do is to filter the data in the first file by using the criteria of 'Dependientes_MT'=0 from the second file, meaning, I want to show only those that do not have 'child tasks' so to speak. So far I have tried:

Filter(Consolidado_Piloto_v6, 
    LookUp(maestro_tareas, TipoProyecto='Tipo Proyecto', 'Tipo Proyecto') = TipoProyecto &&
    If('Nombre Sub-Subtarea'<>"",
        LookUp(maestro_tareas, 'Nombre Sub-Subtarea'='Sub Subtareas (Tarea nivel 3)',
        'Sub Subtareas (Tarea nivel 3)') = 'Nombre Sub-Subtarea',
            If('Nombre Subtarea'<>"",
            LookUp(maestro_tareas, 'Nombre Subtarea'='Subtareas (Tarea nivel 2)', 'Subtareas (Tarea nivel 2)')
            = 'Nombre Subtarea',
            LookUp(maestro_tareas, 'Nombre Tarea'='Tareas (Tarea nivel 1)', 'Tareas (Tarea nivel 1)')
            = 'Nombre Tarea'))
    && LookUp(maestro_tareas, Dependientes_MT="0", 'Tipo Proyecto') = TipoProyecto)
Filter(Consolidado_Piloto_v6, 
    LookUp(maestro_tareas, TipoProyecto='Tipo Proyecto', 'Tipo Proyecto') = TipoProyecto &&
    If('Nombre Sub-Subtarea'<>"",
        LookUp(maestro_tareas, 'Nombre Sub-Subtarea'='Sub Subtareas (Tarea nivel 3)' && Dependientes_MT="0",
        'Sub Subtareas (Tarea nivel 3)') = 'Nombre Sub-Subtarea',
            If('Nombre Subtarea'<>"",
            LookUp(maestro_tareas, 'Nombre Subtarea'='Subtareas (Tarea nivel 2)' && Dependientes_MT="0", 'Subtareas (Tarea nivel 2)')
            = 'Nombre Subtarea',
            LookUp(maestro_tareas, 'Nombre Tarea'='Tareas (Tarea nivel 1)' && Dependientes_MT="0", 'Tareas (Tarea nivel 1)')
            = 'Nombre Tarea')))

However they haven't worked yet, or show items that do not qualify with the " = 0" criteria.

1 REPLY 1
FelipeCaru
Level 8

Re: Filtering gallery by using information from another datasource

Another option I tried was:

• In source 1 have a key made of two columns concatenated.
  • In source 2 have same key made.
  • Do lookup of source 2 key, where key 1 = key 2, retrieve the 'dependientes' one and that one = 0

However, did not work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,363)