cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
designAV
Level: Powered On

Filtering via multiple dropdowns

Hi, I have an app based on an Excel spreadsheet. It's quite a long list of products, making the app quite big to scroll through, so I've added a screen with two dropdown menus. I want to be able to filter the results based on two criteria - "Type" for product type, and "People" for number of users per product. All other fields will be displayed in the results but only two columns need to be searchable. I've got a Submit button, so ideally users would be able to filter using either or both of the dropdowns. Would love a little help as to the code I need to make it functional! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JRaasumaa
Level 10

Re: Filtering via multiple dropdowns

If you add a few conditional statements to look at the dropdowns I find it works best.

You will also want the dropdowns filled with a "default" type of state, I usually have them say "All" as well as the filtered items (this doesn't work so well if you use a list from a table)

Then you simply have to do some comparisons to see what the values say.

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value ="All" && Dropdown2.Selected.Value="All",

Note: This checks both dropdowns, display your full unfiltered collection if both say "All"

YourUnfilteredCollectionHere,

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value<>"All",

Note:This is to check the first dropdown for All, if it's not we want to use it in our filter, but need to next check the other dropdown.

If(Dropdown2.Selected.Value<>"All",

Note:If this dropdown also does not equal "All" then we want to use it as well, so filter the collection using both.

FilterUsingBothDropdown1andDropdown2,

Note: If the 1st dropdown is the only change, filter using just that.

FilterUsingJustDropdown1

That should get you started.

Filter using bother dropdown values.

designAV
Level: Powered On

Re: Filtering via multiple dropdowns

Thanks for this @JRaasumaa! You will have to excuse my naivety, but where does this code need to go please? Also, would I not need some code that refernces the columns in my spreadsheet? Thanks for your time! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 5,731 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: