cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Height Gallery with HTML Text Input Control

I have an app with a flexible height gallery. Inside that gallery, among other controls, I have an HTML text input control (the data comes from SharePoint, from a multiline column). The text is not always displayed correctly if the HTML text input control is set to auto height - sometimes it is cut off. Other times the text is not displayed at all.

This first screenshot is with the HTML Text Input set to auto height. Note that item "101" shows no text under "Material Definition":

scrn1.png

In this next screenshot, I've turned auto height "off" - note the "n/a" value for item 101:

scrn2.png

In this screenshot, I've added a label control that uses the same field's value for its text, so you can see the HTML:

scrn4.png

Finally, this image shows a value being cut off at the bottom - note the "and" at the bottom of the screenshot - there is additional text in that field:

scrn3.png

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong here? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flexible Height Gallery with HTML Text Input Control

Hi @hilary_stoupa,

I think the issue here should be related with the Gallery control.

Please take a try to add a flexible height template gallery, for more details, see the posts from staff CarlosFigueira in the following thread:

Set autoheight to gallery control

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

As mentioned in the subject, I did use the flexible height gallery. I found the same issue with an HTML Text Input control on a form in a data card - the auto-height doesn't seem to work correctly. 

I also found someone else with the issue that posted on the original ideas thread, mentioning the same problem (currently last post in the thread):

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Autoheight-for-HTML-Text-Control/idc-p/61083

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Ah, my bad for overlooking.

Thanks for reporting this, I will take a further testing and share feedback later.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
maps05
Level: Powered On

Yes please take a look at autoheight issue because the impact is huge. Basically at the moment the options are:

a) have an incorrect display

b) have multiple scrolls (gallery + html fields)

A solution to the issue or at least a workaroun are welcome.

dcbarringer
Level: Power Up

Is there an ETA for when this will be resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Although it seems this bug is fixed, I can only see the fix in Labels.

HTMLText still have the same issue.: The limit of the height, in auto height, is 768px.

This is highly contrainable since I use this in all my app. It is an enterprise app for a very big company and this is making the users to avoid the app altogether.

Is there a date when this willl be fixed? I'm just wondering, since I cannot avoid powerapps in my work...

Thank you,

Luís Santos

PowerApps Staff FilipK
PowerApps Staff

We are looking into this, sorry about the dealy

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,253)