cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaraAhmad
Level: Powered On

Flow not running for any user/co-owner except OWNER - Service not configured error

I have asked this question in the forum before too but let me elaborate more this time. 

I have written several flows for an application I am working on. One of them is "Getting users from SharePoint Group (GSP)" and displaying them in PowerApps Screen. Flow is running in background in powerapps(can't use manually trigger a flow option either). All of my flows including GSP has action "Send HTTP request to Sharepoint API".  I am able to run the flows and application is displaying all the Flow's outputs on the screen.  I AM THE OWNER OF SHAREPOINT SITE, FLOW AND POWERAPPS. 

Application is working fine for all co-owners (owners of SP site, Flows, Powerapps) but when they get to flow part, It throws error "Connection is not configured for this service". When they check the flow error, they are getting "INVALID CONNECTION" . They have to manually enter their connection in the flow and then it works for them. Why don't flow pick the connection of logged-in co-owner(as they have permissions) and run the flow and application without errors for all users and co-owners. 

Kindly Guide !

Thanks,

Sara

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow not running for any user/co-owner except OWNER - Service not configured error

Flows that are started by PowerApps run in the context of the user who is running the PowerApp, while Flows that are started by a connector trigger run in the context of the person who wrote the Flow. Do the people for who the flow is failing actually have the permissions to run the connector and do the HTTP calls that the Flow uses?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
SaraAhmad

Re: Flow not running for any user/co-owner except OWNER - Service not configured error

Yes, they have the permission to make HTTP call as they are the owner of the site and run the connector too. The flow is running in the context of the user but it's failing on HTTP call. Says "Invalid connection" when they open the flow and they have to enter their connection there from a dropdown. How can I make flow pick the connection dynamically for the user who is running it. I am okay with them to run even with my context but at least run. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If they have the appropriate permissions I'm not sure why its requiring them to manually choose the connection.  What is the REST call that you are using the connection for in Flow?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

So I just tried this in the lab.  When I started up the PowerApp that initiates the Flow as a second user it prompted me to authorize the SharePoint connection before starting the PowerApp. But in my case the PowerApp doesn't use a SharePoint connection, only the Flow does. So users should be prompted to pick the appropriate connection when the startup the original PowerApp, since they can't do it directly after the Flow launches.  Could you check to make sure that if the PowerApp itself is using a SharePoint connector that its using the same connection as the Flow?  Also if you have access to the Admin center you can check the resources for the PowerApp and Flow to make sure they are using the same connection.  You should see any connections authorized by the other users in that resource tab for the environment.

SaraAhmad

Yes, when they launch the app Powerapp require them to authorize connections, one of them is SharePoint that is used in flow rest API call. I am making a rest API call to SharePoint "Send HTTP request to SharePoint API"Capture.GIF1.GIF

When owners other than creators try to debug the errors, they find my connection in there unless they manually change to theirs in flow. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SaraAhmad ,

Actually, if you created an app including a flow connection, and share the app to your end users (in your Org), when the end users run this app, it would ask them to provide their own credentials to create a connection to data sources added in your app and flow.

More details about sharing an app including flow connection, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources#flows

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don' thave the issue that you mentioned. Please consider remove the flow connection from your app, then re-add a new flow connection within your app, re-publish your app. Then ask your end users to run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-assign your app's permission to your end users, then check if the issue has been fixed.

Note: Please make sure the end users have enough permission to access your SP Site. E.G. the end users is a SP Site Member of your SP Site.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I've seen a comment in another forum with exactly the same issue.  In that case the user resolved the issue by exporting the App and Flow, then re-importing it and recreating the connections on Import. You might want to try that.

SaraAhmad

I have tried that.  Somehow Flow is not picking SharePoint connection that we choose while launching the powerapp application. Please find the attachment. Once I manually enter the connecton, it works. Flow has been shared with users.  I have tried re-adding the connection too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 412 members 5,333 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: