cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bubhat
Level: Powered On

Focus Powerapp on first field of form

Hi,

I have created a lengthy form. On my New form of powerapp, the focus of the form goes to the bottom or middle of form in all browsers but never to the first field. How to I ensure the focus remains on first field of form when the form is loaded? Asking users to scroll to the top to start filling form is not acceptable.

sc1.pngsc2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bubhat

Re: Focus Powerapp on first field of form

Never mind I got the solution.

The Height of the form was set to Parent.Height-NewForm.Y. I just deleted this value and it now focuses on the top of form.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bubhat,

I cannot reproduce your issue. What is your data source? Did you created this app from blank? It seems that you have done some customization on the form, like the color. Can you share the related settings and formulas?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bubhat

Yes I have done customizations. It a really long form with more than 100 fields..I have added colors to the rows and done conditional formatting on some fields. Example: a set of fields are visible only if the slider is checked, Nothing much other than that. No matter what I do, the focus goes to the bottom of form.

bubhat

Never mind I got the solution.

The Height of the form was set to Parent.Height-NewForm.Y. I just deleted this value and it now focuses on the top of form.

View solution in original post

cclenne

Actually I've used a simple work around:

I created a splash Welcome Rectangle. Once the App is started I set the intended Text Input Field on top of the splash screen. But I dynamically change the HintText to something descriptive like: "Click Here To Start".

Once this is clicked, th welcome screen disappears, the HintText in the Text Input field is changed to for example "Address" if this is an Address Text Input field.... and you can continue from here one. This way the enduser has unknowingly clicked the focused Control without explicitly selecting the control!

By using this method I've outsmarted this limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,058)