Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ArnelB
Level: Powered On

Form Submission

Greetings everyone, 

I am fairly new to Powerapps and please bear with with me if I ask too many questions.  I created a form and would like a visible message to appear that the form was submitted in good order and not allow a user to submit twice.  How do I go about doing so? 

Currently, this is what I have under "OnSuccess: Navigate(KPHCForm, ScreenTransition.Fade); Notify("Congratulations! Your training request was successfully submitted.", NotificationType.Success) and OnReset: ResetForm(Form1).   

Unfortunately, when the form is submitted, the message is not visible enough and it allows the user to resubmit the form.   

Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Form Submission

Hi @ArnelB ,

Do you have other problems?

If you have solved your problem ,please mark my answer as solution.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

You could create another screen and then OnSuccess navigate to the new screen and have it say your form has been successfully submitted. You could also add a button to the new screen that would allow the user to create a new item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
ArnelB

@Jeff_Thorpe - thank you for the reply.  I will attempt to create a new screen and have it navigate to that screen with the message.  However, may I know how do I prevent the same user from resubmitting the form? 

Super User
Super User

After you navigate to a different screen they won't be able to submit the form again because they will no longer be on the form screen. Maybe I am not understanding the requirements. Is this a one time form, so when the user fills it out and submits they should never be able to submit another form even if they close the app and go back in (like a survey)? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
ArnelB

@Jeff_Thorpe - thank you so much for your assistance.  Yes, I would have liked it to function as a one time form, but I think this would work fine.   Sorry for the confusion. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ArnelB ,

About the function that you want, I suggest you add an if statement when submitting form.

Try this: (set the submit button's onselect)

If(
IsEmpty(Filter(tablename,Created By.DisplayName=User().FullName)), //justify whether current user submit form before
SubmitForm(Form1), //no, submit form
Notify("You have submitted form already!",NotificationType.Warning) //yes, notify
)

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ArnelB

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ArnelB ,

Do you have other problems?

If you have solved your problem ,please mark my answer as solution.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 459 members 6,541 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: