cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadsupllama
Level: Power Up

Form updating a specific row

Is there anyway I can make the SubmitForm button update only a specific row?

For example in the excel sheet I have:

Header        (Name, Age, Occupation)

Row 1          (John, 18, Student)

Row 2          (Lisa,  28, Doctor)

Row 3          (Amy, 47, Engineer)

For my form that has the data cards (Age) (Occupation) for users to edit

How do I ensure that when I click on the SubmitForm button, the form only update, say Row 2, such that if the user keyed in (29) (Lawyer), the table becomes

(Name, Age, Occupation)

(John, 18, Student)

(Lisa,  29, Lawyer)

(Amy, 47, Engineer)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Form updating a specific row

@wadsupllama 

Yes, this is how an EditForm works.  

1) It is either creating a new record (FormNew)

2) Editing an existing record (EditForm)

3) Viewing an existing record (ViewForm)

In the case of 2 or 3, you need to supply the record that you want to Edit/View.

This is done with the Item property of the EditForm.

Typically (but not always) this is generated from a Gallery which lists all your desired records.  So, if we had Gallery1 with a list of items from your DataSource, we would simply set the Item property of the EditForm to Gallery1.Selected and do an EditForm(yourFormName)

We can also be very specific about the item - so in your example, we could also say that our EditForm Item property is Lookup(youDataSource, Header="Row 2") But, that would be *very* specific and you would want more flexibility for it by connecting it to something like a Gallery.Selected or DataTable.Selected

Hope this helps shed some light for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Form updating a specific row

@wadsupllama 

Yes, this is how an EditForm works.  

1) It is either creating a new record (FormNew)

2) Editing an existing record (EditForm)

3) Viewing an existing record (ViewForm)

In the case of 2 or 3, you need to supply the record that you want to Edit/View.

This is done with the Item property of the EditForm.

Typically (but not always) this is generated from a Gallery which lists all your desired records.  So, if we had Gallery1 with a list of items from your DataSource, we would simply set the Item property of the EditForm to Gallery1.Selected and do an EditForm(yourFormName)

We can also be very specific about the item - so in your example, we could also say that our EditForm Item property is Lookup(youDataSource, Header="Row 2") But, that would be *very* specific and you would want more flexibility for it by connecting it to something like a Gallery.Selected or DataTable.Selected

Hope this helps shed some light for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,576)