Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form

Hi!

Can someone help me out. I have 2 screens:

Project (List of Projects) 

Billing (Billing details per Project)

Scenario: User will select a Project, then the selected project will display all the billing details on that project. However on my case whenever if I add a new Billing Details through Form it doesn't capture the project I selected, instead it creates a new one with blank Project Name.

Thanks in advance,

Marie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

Re: Form

Indead pass the Project (ID) through the context part of the navigation() formula. Like:

Navigate(SecondScreen, None, {ProjectIDVariable: Project})

Then set the default value from the textbox (which is used in the update off the datacard) in the Project Datacard to this variable. Should then be filled on a NewForm, because this field then is set to default. 

btw Did not check this, so hope this works. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Liam
Level: Powered On

are you passing the project to the the billing screen using a context variable? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-variables#create-a-context...

Then how are you saving the billing details?

if you are using submit form you may need to set the default value of the project name field for exanmple

or are you using patch to create the record in which case are you including the Projet from the context variable?

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

Indead pass the Project (ID) through the context part of the navigation() formula. Like:

Navigate(SecondScreen, None, {ProjectIDVariable: Project})

Then set the default value from the textbox (which is used in the update off the datacard) in the Project Datacard to this variable. Should then be filled on a NewForm, because this field then is set to default. 

btw Did not check this, so hope this works. 

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

If here you are using the form control, then please first take a look at the following article to understand how the form works in PowerApps:

Understand form in PowerApps

Display form and Edit form in PowerApps

If the Project and the Billing is stored under two different table (Or sharePoint list), then you may need to save the Project with the Gallery.selected.ProjectName

or 

Gallery.Selected.ProjectID

If would be much helpful if you could share more ifnormation about your data source.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,812)