cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christoph_G
Level: Powered On

Galleries & Data Tables not loading data instantly

Hello,

i noticed a bug which occurs since the last powerapps update (i think - hasn't been this way one week ago).

In multiple of my apps, galleries or data tables do not load data when their item-property contains a search-function, unless you click/tab into the input field referenced in the search-function once (without entering anything).

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you,
Christoph

PS: It would be very helpful if releases in What's New in Powerapps also had a release date besides the release number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Galleries & Data Tables not loading data instantly

Hi @Christoph_G, I think I had that issue a while back and then it went away.  Maybe now it is back.

If it is really back, then it may have to do with the changes happening around null values.

In many systems a null is not the same as an empty string, so the value of the control is maybe null before you click on it and an empty string once you click on it.

What happens if you use this as the search parameter?

Coalesce(MyTextInput.Text, "")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @Christoph_G, I think I had that issue a while back and then it went away.  Maybe now it is back.

If it is really back, then it may have to do with the changes happening around null values.

In many systems a null is not the same as an empty string, so the value of the control is maybe null before you click on it and an empty string once you click on it.

What happens if you use this as the search parameter?

Coalesce(MyTextInput.Text, "")

View solution in original post

NoumanQ
Level: Powered On

Hello,

I am facing the exact same issue. A page would open but sometimes the galleries would not load any data from my Azure SQL datatables, If I refresh the datasource, It would load. 

This is a very inconsistant bahaviour. Did someone else face this aswell? What can be a solution to this?

Nouman

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,069)