cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aorphan
Level 8

Re: Galleries not rendering properly after publishing

Hi @tahoon ,

Thanks for the reply. We were able to work around the issue. Please note that this is still bugged and this is simply a workaround. I will post the info here in-case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

We have what we call a "master screen" which contains "base" groups of controls and other "pointer" groups which function as pointers/references to the base groups. As mentioned earlier, this is to cut down on repetetive development in PowerApps. We simply copy a "pointer" group to a new screen when we need it. This enables us to modify colors, dimensions, etc. with ease across multiple screens. This "master screen" is never actually displayed at runtime.

The issue appears to be with Galleries. Specifically, the very first gallery that attempts to render. The rows flash for a second, and then are immediately hidden. It's clearly a bug that occurs when the labels reference our "master screen" label properties within galleries.

The solution was to delete all controls from the galleries and make all the labels and icons local to just that screen. Unfortunately, this means we cannot use this design pattern for galleries, at least not for the first gallery that is rendered.

View solution in original post

aorphan
Level 8

Something is bugged with the forums, I keep getting an exception when attempting to view my previous reply. Here's my previous reply reposted:

--
Hi @tahoon ,

Thanks for the reply. We were able to work around the issue. Please note that this is still bugged and this is simply a workaround. I will post the info here in-case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

We have what we call a "master screen" which contains "base" groups of controls and other "pointer" groups which function as pointers/references to the base groups. As mentioned earlier, this is to cut down on repetetive development in PowerApps. We simply copy a "pointer" group to a new screen when we need it. This enables us to modify colors, dimensions, etc. with ease across multiple screens. This "master screen" is never actually displayed at runtime.

The issue appears to be with Galleries. Specifically, the very first gallery that attempts to render. The rows flash for a second, and then are immediately hidden. It's clearly a bug that occurs when the labels reference our "master screen" label properties within galleries.

The solution was to delete all controls from the galleries and make all the labels and icons local to just that screen. Unfortunately, this means we cannot use this design pattern for galleries, at least not for the first gallery that is rendered.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@aorphan If you are still experiencing the issue, can you please try disabling Delayed load in App settings -> Advanced settings and see if this resolves your issue in the published apps?

aorphan
Level 8

Hi @_Corey_ ,

The Delayed Load setting has been disabled in our app since the beginning; it does not function properly with it enabled. So it's not that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,275)