cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Gallery OnSelect vs Icon OnSelect

I have a gallery that has an icon in it. I have an OnSelect action on the Icon and it always seems to fire properly. However I put the same action for the OnSelect for the gallery and it doesn't activate properly. It does select the item (I have labels = Gallery.Selected.Name) but doesn't do the commands. This causes weird behavior when user clicks inside the gallery item but not on the icon. Am I missing something to make this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallery OnSelect vs Icon OnSelect

@BrianHFASPS 

What you should be looking for is the OnSelect actions of all of your controls in the gallery template.

The typical way to make all this happen is to consider that the gallery template (a row) is a container (the parent) and the controls are within it.  

If you set the OnSelect action of the controls to Select(Parent) then it will select the container that the control is in (i.e. the row).  All fine...so, then on the container (the Gallery in this case), the OnSelect action will fire whenever it is selected.  And, if the child controls in the template specifically Select the Parent, then the action will happen.

So, basically what you are looking for should work, but if it is not, then look at the controls in the template and make sure they are set to select the parent.

I hope this is clear and helpful. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@BrianHFASPS 

What you should be looking for is the OnSelect actions of all of your controls in the gallery template.

The typical way to make all this happen is to consider that the gallery template (a row) is a container (the parent) and the controls are within it.  

If you set the OnSelect action of the controls to Select(Parent) then it will select the container that the control is in (i.e. the row).  All fine...so, then on the container (the Gallery in this case), the OnSelect action will fire whenever it is selected.  And, if the child controls in the template specifically Select the Parent, then the action will happen.

So, basically what you are looking for should work, but if it is not, then look at the controls in the template and make sure they are set to select the parent.

I hope this is clear and helpful. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @BrianHFASPS can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

BrianR
Level 10

FYI - I have seen similar behavior today that APPEARED to come up unexpectedly on 1 of my 4 galleries that are similar...  However...

TLDR; - SOLUTION -> Make sure you have Display Mode set to Edit for each of the underlying controls...  🙂  This was my issue as it was set to View for many of them.  does not get fired dependent on what control is clicked.  

This seems to have solved the problem for me...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,549)