cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjcitpro
Level: Powered On

Gallery showing empty record for empty results.

My Gallerys are showing an empty record when there are no results to display.  I don't remember this happening. I think it's ugly and can be confusing to the userUntitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallery showing empty record for empty results.

@sjcitpro 

You might want to consider putting a formula on the Visible property of the Gallery such as this:

(CountRows(Galleryx.AllItems)>0)

We get around that "ugly" situation by doing that, we also have a Label in that same Gallery location that says "No results" (or other text like that) and have the Visible property of that set to:

!Galleryx.Visible

In this example, if there are no results in the Gallery - it is hidden.  When the Gallery is hidden, the Label is visible.

I hope that helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@sjcitpro 

You might want to consider putting a formula on the Visible property of the Gallery such as this:

(CountRows(Galleryx.AllItems)>0)

We get around that "ugly" situation by doing that, we also have a Label in that same Gallery location that says "No results" (or other text like that) and have the Visible property of that set to:

!Galleryx.Visible

In this example, if there are no results in the Gallery - it is hidden.  When the Gallery is hidden, the Label is visible.

I hope that helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
sjcitpro
Level: Powered On

Thanks, I figured I would get around to that solution, it just seems that this started happening.

Super User
Super User

@sjcitpro 

Yes, I aggree it did just start happening.  It was a while back (as in weeks ago), but yes, it did change.  It actually forced me to consider the better user interface concept of displaying a label when it's empty...something I should have done from the start in a couple of app, but was a little lazy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 299 members 5,675 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: