cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andrew260z1
Level: Powered On

Gallery with Dropdown showing default value

I've been working on an app that shows a gallery and works as a kind of quasi excel spreadsheet for the users request. I have a couple of fields that are just SharePoint list Text columns but ideally want to allow the user a drop down option for filling out quickly. The Items column I'm populating with the values in a hard coded array but I'm unable to se the dropdown with the value from ThisItem.'Freight Status' in this example.

Is the problem that I need to go back to the SharePoint list and make it a choice field? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Gallery with Dropdown showing default value

Hi @Andrew260z1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the 'Freight Status' column in your SP List? Is it a Text type column?

Could you please show more details about the hard coded array that you mentioned? It looks like ["Option1", "Option2", "Option3", ...]?

Further, do you want to set a default value within the Dropdown box within your Gallery with value from your SP List? (ThisItem.'Freight Status')?

If you want to set a default value within the Dropdown box within your Gallery with value from your SP List? (ThisItem.'Freight Status'), please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Default property of the Dropdown box in your Gallery to following:

ThisItem.'Freight Status'

If the Dropdown box you mentioned is actually a ComboBox in your Gallery, please set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox to following:

{
Value: ThisItem.'Freight Status'
}

Note: The Please make sure the ThisItem.'Freight Status' formula return a proper value from your SP list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Andrew260z1 

Have you set the default property of the dropdown to ThisItem.'Freight Status'?

also add a label and set its value to ThisItem.'Freight Status' and check and see if this value is one of the options oin your dorpdown list

Changing your SharePoint column to choice is not required in this case

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Andrew260z1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the 'Freight Status' column in your SP List? Is it a Text type column?

Could you please show more details about the hard coded array that you mentioned? It looks like ["Option1", "Option2", "Option3", ...]?

Further, do you want to set a default value within the Dropdown box within your Gallery with value from your SP List? (ThisItem.'Freight Status')?

If you want to set a default value within the Dropdown box within your Gallery with value from your SP List? (ThisItem.'Freight Status'), please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Default property of the Dropdown box in your Gallery to following:

ThisItem.'Freight Status'

If the Dropdown box you mentioned is actually a ComboBox in your Gallery, please set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox to following:

{
Value: ThisItem.'Freight Status'
}

Note: The Please make sure the ThisItem.'Freight Status' formula return a proper value from your SP list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Andrew260z1
Level: Powered On

Thanks for this, for some reason the Default value on a dropdown box doesn't work but it does for a combobox, actually in this case the combobox is probably better as I can enable searching for it. I'm not sure why the default value for a dropdown doesn't actually apply but happy that its working as you described. The value it is writing to SharePoint is just a text field that isn't a dropdown on the actual column. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 176 members 5,918 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: