cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csgexec
Level: Power Up

Re: Gateway not found

Didn't work for me. Same Enterprise Gateway that functions properly for PBI is not even on the available list in Power Apps.

Rand
Level: Powered On

Being new to powerapps I created a Gateway in a test environment where I was building apps.  My thought was to build in test environment then move to staging environmen for testing then finally to defaut environment.  I discovered that you are not suppose to create gateway in other than the default environment - too late.  Now I need to uninstall the gateway from my test environment before I can build it again in the Default environment, however I can't find anything telling me how to uninstall the gateway I installed and when I look at gateways in my test environment, the one I built does not show.  How do I unstall it so I can create it in the default environment and once I create it there can it be used when trying to test from my test environment?

saunders

Hi there, we are experiencing the same issue - on-premise gateway is working fine in PowerBI but there is no gateway listed in PowerApps.  I installed the latest version of the gateway over the top of the previous version, i.e. upgrade not reinstall.  Should that  work the same as uninstalling old version and re-installing new version?

Thanks!

ssugar

@saunders- my experience was that installing over top of the existing gateway didn't work. I had to go through a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall to get the gateway showing up in the PowerApps portal.
saunders

Thanks very much, that's very helpful.  Much appreciated.

ControlEng01

Why are gateways only supported in the default environment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.

I installed a gateway yesterday on my laptop, i was able to use it all day. Then I restarted the laptop today and i get an error in the gateway software that the gateway can't be found.

When I enter power apps and look at installed gateways, it says none is installed, but when I go to the datasource I created yesterday, it is still listed there as gateway.

Trying to reregister the gateway with the same name says that the gateway already exists, but it's not offering me any option to restore the gateway.

If this happens everytime i reboot the PC... please fix this bug!

Ganeshmurthy
Level: Powered On

Hi.. Having the same issue. Was your issue resovled? Thanks - Ganesh

kyahne

I'm having the same issue as well. Since our Enterprise Gateway is set up in a production environment, I decided to try a clean install on a different machine to test. Power BI recognized it instantly, but PowerApps still said no gateway was found. I've checked licensing and everything else I can think of from this end, but nothing has worked. 

Is it possible there is a limitation with this for government customers?

kyahne

Here's a reply I just received on a similar thread, in case it helps anyone else.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-and-Flow-removed-from-Government-te...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,366)