cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rajp
Level: Powered On

General questions on PowerApps and Flow

1. What kind of license is required to create environment(P1 or P2)?

2. How many different environments are allowed to create with one P2 licenses or How many environments a user with P2 license can create?

3. Does user need premium license(P2) to run app or flow created using P2 license(using premium connector)?

Ex. I have P2 license and I have created an App(canvas or model driven) and Flow which uses premium connectors, I want to share this app and flow with 100 users. Do these all 100 users need same license(P2) to run the App or Flow or they can run it using their E3 license? Meaning do consumer of app or flow need same license as creator of app(specifically when using premium connectors)?

4. Is it possible to block(hide) some connectors using DLP?(I know that i can put restrictions by distributing connectors in business data and non business data category) But we want to make these connectors invisible to end users so that they can not use them to put better security on sharing business data externally?

5. We have E3 license in our org for all users, but don't have P2 license. As it is required P2 license to create Model driven app, is it possible to restrict permissions to create model driven apps by P2 license holder users only and block it for others? same goes with premium connectors?

Reason: currently users are creating Model driven app and when they execute, it throws error as they need premium license. But why they should be allowed to create these apps if they don't have license.

6. What kind of role is useful to monitor the Power Platform apart from O365 Global Admin and Azure AD GA?

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: General questions on PowerApps and Flow

Hi @rajp 

Currently P1 and P2 both work 

After Oct 1 - it will be based on the storage capacity (every tenant gets 10GB default) 

Each env will require min 1 GB

2. How many different environments are allowed to create with one P2 licenses or How many environments a user with P2 license can create?

Currently 1 trial and 2 prod I believe

3. Does user need premium license(P2) to run app or flow created using P2 license(using premium connector)?

Ex. I have P2 license and I have created an App(canvas or model driven) and Flow which uses premium connectors, I want to share this app and flow with 100 users. Do these all 100 users need same license(P2) to run the App or Flow or they can run it using their E3 license? Meaning do consumer of app or flow need same license as creator of app(specifically when using premium connectors)?nse

Yes all will require premium license

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

4. Is it possible to block(hide) some connectors using DLP?(I know that i can put restrictions by distributing connectors in business data and non business data category) But we want to make these connectors invisible to end users so that they can not use them to put better security on sharing business data externally?

Currently its only possible to block using DLP (cannot hide)

5. We have E3 license in our org for all users, but don't have P2 license. As it is required P2 license to create Model driven app, is it possible to restrict permissions to create model driven apps by P2 license holder users only and block it for others? same goes with premium connectors?

Only people with P2 licnese holds can create apps and use the premium connectors

So other users who dont have the license, will be granted a trial license after which they will not be able to proceed with those apps unless the licnese is allocated to them

Reason: currently users are creating Model driven app and when they execute, it throws error as they need premium license. But why they should be allowed to create these apps if they don't have license.

6. What kind of role is useful to monitor the Power Platform apart from O365 Global Admin and Azure AD GA?

Envrionment Admin on the respective environments

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

rajp
Level: Powered On

Re: General questions on PowerApps and Flow

Currently P1 and P2 both work 

After Oct 1 - it will be based on the storage capacity (every tenant gets 10GB default) 

Each env will require min 1 GB

Does this mean after Oct 1 with new licensing in place, user with E3 license can create separate environment? or do they need Per user or Per App/Flow license?

Currently 1 trial and 2 prod I believe(This is a bit confusing, I attended workshop recently at Microsoft(oslo) and answer I received was 4 Production environment and 2 trial)

Ex. I have P2 license and I have created an App(canvas or model driven) and Flow which uses premium connectors, I want to share this app and flow with 100 users. Do these all 100 users need same license(P2) to run the App or Flow or they can run it using their E3 license? Meaning do consumer of app or flow need same license as creator of app(specifically when using premium connectors)?nse

Yes all will require premium license(again this is also confusing, in the workshop they mentioned only user creating or building app/flow using premium connectors need P2 license not those users who are executing them or consuming as they will not edit the app/flow )

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,787)