Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nagaraja
Level: Powered On

General questions on PowerApps

Hi guys,

I have few question on PowerApps,

1. Can I share the App with external users? If yes, how?

2. Can multiple users open/edit the same app simultaneously?

3. Can I share the app with 1000+ users? What's actual limit?

4. Can we take or load pictures from PowerApps?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: General questions on PowerApps

@Nagaraja

I will try to answer these to the best of my knowledge.

1. Can I share the App with external users? If yes, how? As of today, this is not available

2. Can multiple users open/edit the same app simultaneously? Multiple users can open the app simultaneously. Editing can be done only by one user at a time. If someone else tries to edit it at the same time, an error message is displayed.

3. Can I share the app with 1000+ users? What's actual limit? I don't believe there is a limit. You can technically share the app across the whole organization (given that every user has the license)

4. Can we take or load pictures from PowerApps? You can take pictures in PowerApps using the Camera control and load pictures in the Media library of the app. You can also use the "Add Media" control in an app if you want to have the option for a user to add pictures/images.

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Vivek

Twitter: https://twitter.com/vhyveee

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGIh8qGGlecBCJk6fKI9wA

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Nagaraja,

I agree with @ThatAPIGuy's thought almost.

For your first question, there is no way to share an app with external users in PowerApps currently. The user @cardinalpipkin has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sharing-PowerApps-with-External-Users/td-p/11...

For your second question, multiple users could open the same app simultaneously, but if they want to save modification to data source, only one of them could do the updates (save modification to data source) at one time.

For your third question, there is no article mentioned that the actual amount limit of users we could share an app with. I think you could share an app with any one who has appropriate license within your Organization.

For your forth question, we could take a picture within PowerApps app using a Camera control. If you want to display pictures within an app, I think the Image control and Add picture control could achieve your needs.

More details about Image control, Add picture control and Camera control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Image control, Add picture control and Camera control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Nagaraja

I will try to answer these to the best of my knowledge.

1. Can I share the App with external users? If yes, how? As of today, this is not available

2. Can multiple users open/edit the same app simultaneously? Multiple users can open the app simultaneously. Editing can be done only by one user at a time. If someone else tries to edit it at the same time, an error message is displayed.

3. Can I share the app with 1000+ users? What's actual limit? I don't believe there is a limit. You can technically share the app across the whole organization (given that every user has the license)

4. Can we take or load pictures from PowerApps? You can take pictures in PowerApps using the Camera control and load pictures in the Media library of the app. You can also use the "Add Media" control in an app if you want to have the option for a user to add pictures/images.

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Vivek

Twitter: https://twitter.com/vhyveee

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVGIh8qGGlecBCJk6fKI9wA

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Nagaraja,

I agree with @ThatAPIGuy's thought almost.

For your first question, there is no way to share an app with external users in PowerApps currently. The user @cardinalpipkin has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sharing-PowerApps-with-External-Users/td-p/11...

For your second question, multiple users could open the same app simultaneously, but if they want to save modification to data source, only one of them could do the updates (save modification to data source) at one time.

For your third question, there is no article mentioned that the actual amount limit of users we could share an app with. I think you could share an app with any one who has appropriate license within your Organization.

For your forth question, we could take a picture within PowerApps app using a Camera control. If you want to display pictures within an app, I think the Image control and Add picture control could achieve your needs.

More details about Image control, Add picture control and Camera control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Image control, Add picture control and Camera control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai

Nagaraja

Thank you very much @ThatAPIGuy and @v-xida-msft

For my second question; Isn't it possible with any data-sources or with some changes in the settings of the data-sources??

Vishwa05

How to validate fields before Patch function on Button Click?

Hi All,

I have 4 fields on my standalone Powerapp form.

First Name - TextboxLast Name - Textbox
Address - TextboxContactNumber - TextBox

I want to validate field one by one with notification message. If User does fill First Name and try to submit the form. It should show error message (Notify.Error with) - "Please enter First Name". Similarly if user enters First Name and does not enter Last Name the error message - "Please enter Last Name". After filling all fields, Our patch function should work and record will save into list. I have written Patch function and its working fine but not bale to validate first then call Patch function.

Please HELP.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,458)