cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generic error - A value must be provided

Hi, 

I have a PowerApp submitting data to a SharePoint list. The list is just a whole series of Single Line of Text columns, one Person column and a couple of Multi-line text columns.

I also have a whole bunch of single column SharePoint lists that, on form load, I'm putting into collections and using as a datasource for a series of dropdown controls I have which are connected to the SLOT columns in SharePoint. I've done it this way to allow the application admins to maintain the values that appear in the dropdowns themselves rather than coming to IT to request changes to the app.

All the dropdowns populate no problem. I've also checked ALL the controls and ensured none of them have true in the Required property, and I've also gone through the SharePoint list and ensured there are NO Required fields in the list.

However, when I submit the forms, I get the generic error message across the top of the app.

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: A value must be provided for the item.

Help with troubleshooting this is greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Generic error - A value must be provided

Hi greenawayr,

Under SharePoint List settings, you could check whether a column is Required or not.

3.PNG

When the error message occurs, can you see which field is asking for a value?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

THanks for response, but as noted in the post, there are no required columns in the SharePoint list. I removed all the required columns as part of the troubleshooting for this issue.

lostgical
Level: Powered On

Did you ever resolve this? I'm running into the same issue. Simple form with attachment, and it was able to submit (with attachments) just fine. Some reason, both "Save" and a button with "SubmitForm(form_name)" will not submit any more. When clicked on either, the New Form seems to reset the attachment card, but stays on the same form page and does not submit/save anything to a new item.

Any ideas might help! Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this exact same problem, only it seems to be intermittent and not impacting all users. It's wildly infuriating as it's making it extremely hard to troubleshoot/pinpoint the issue. I've seen a number of threads pertaining to this error when using Flow, but I don't currently have a Flow connected to my PowerApp or the SharePoint list...

PhilD
Level 8

I'm getting this now on a simple form that worked fine last week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,053)